PDA

View Full Version : ATC500R Questions

MPNX2
11-26-2003, 05:32 PM
I know there are a few guys here on the board that have a 250R with a CR500 motor in it. I have a couple of questions regarding building one. Frist can you use the stock swingarm for an 85/86 250R and second can you use the stock radiator from it as well or do you need the one for the CR500?? Also, are there any serious mods that must be done to the frame to accomidate the new motor?? I am thinking about doing this as my next project any suggestions would be a big help.

KASEY
11-26-2003, 08:49 PM
Well you could use the stock swingarm,, i wouldn't recommend it.. but what are you going to do with this new project?? sand trike or woods and trails,,

on mine i use the stock 250r radiators and airbox. i have a 6" over stock swingarm ,which i think works great for my riding style,, it would be a waste of time to try a stock arm with paddles,, now with dirt tires it might be ok cause the 500 has so much torque that you can't even come close to getting enough traction ,,,,,,,,

MPNX2
11-26-2003, 08:54 PM
I will probably ride it like once or twice on the dirt roads that cars can easliy drive on right after it is completed. After completion I will only be riding it on the sand. I plan on it taking a lot of work and I will probably baby it on the sand as well.

Any tips of parts that you could recommend will be a huge help because I think you are the only one here who has one...

Thanks you can PM me if needed...

Aaron2003
11-26-2003, 10:12 PM
yeah post some good pictures of everything you had to change to make it work, i'm going to be building one as soon as i find a good frame.

MPNX2 if i was you i would invest in a swing arm thats atleast (+ 4") think it would be to hard to keep the front wheel down on that thing

MPNX2
11-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Ok from the looks of it I will need a longer swingarm... I am starting with nothing So I am looking for a frame or rolling chassis....

Rod
11-27-2003, 02:30 AM
On my 500 I used the stock radiator & air box as well. Mine also had a 7" over swingarm. It did pretty well. I only rode in the sand too. I have the swingarm & few parts left over is you are interested.

MPNX2
11-27-2003, 02:46 AM
What parts do you have...

KASEY
11-27-2003, 03:01 AM
hey rod do you have a pict of what you have left???? i think we talked along time ago but i might be intrested ,,,,

KASEY
11-27-2003, 03:02 AM
wow a double post ,, i am building another 500 so rod post a pict of what you have left with prices i am intrested,,,,,,,,,,,

Rod
11-28-2003, 01:06 AM
I will round up my digital cam & get a few pics over the weekend. I know I have the swingarm & axle, tank, shrouds & a seat. Also a few other parts. I will get a pic of everything for everybody.