PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Shock on Tri Z...better? Questions??

Darius1502
11-26-2003, 03:06 PM
I have a couple questions about mounting a Warrior shock on a Tri Z:

1) I noticed that there is no compression adjument knob on the resevoir....is the shock still better than the Tri Z OEM?

2) How do you make it fit in the frame bracket. The Tri Z has a loop on the bottom of the mounting bracket...the warrior shock has a the hose coming out from the bottom of the resevoir...??? It wont fit?

Thanks...

Tri-Z Pilot
11-26-2003, 03:14 PM
I don't know, havent tried it yet, but I am sure we will find out when timsr reads this.

TimSr
11-26-2003, 03:15 PM
The Warrior shock is not a performance upgrade, is not "better" and is normally used for availability reasons. The Warrior spring is slightly stiffer (than the '85 anyways). Depending on your weight, that may or may not be better. It has no compression dampening adjustment, only rebound adjustment. Personally Ive never found compression damping adjustment to be particularly useful anyways, but Im sure its important to some people. You have to rig your own resevoir mount. I split the mounting ring on mine, so I could mount it like the TriZ shock. Others just clamp it to the frame with hose clamps.