PDA

View Full Version : tri-zinger

russ98atc
07-26-2012, 10:56 AM
I recently picked up this tri-zinger for $150. It took me about a month to get it to where it is now. So far i have rebuilt the entire top end with a pw 50 kit (the price of rebuilding it as a 60CC was just to much for me ), i Blocked off the oil injection and put on new head pipe. Even though its 10 cc's less than what it was, its still pretty "Quick" for what it is. I absolutely have a ball on the thing though. My dad bought a 85 atc 70, we have a track out back we plan on racing on. I know i dont stand a chance against a 70 on the straights but i think i can get him in the turns.

thestud25
07-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Looks great! There are aftermarket kits the pop up on eBay from time to time. Complete top end, carb, and plug usually for under $100. I bought one for my BW 80 and it worked awesome.

russ98atc
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks!! I ordered the 50 kit off ebay and it seems to be running good.
Also just wondering whats your favorite mini trike?

thestud25
07-26-2012, 11:56 AM
My favorite are my ALT50's :w00t: I love those little guys. With that said, I cannot get enough of my YT60. Mine is blue just like yours. They are a freaking blast.

russ98atc
07-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Haha cool, i would've liked an alt but there hard to come by (as you probably know).
Also, is there any difference between the yt60l and yt60n?

thestud25
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I am sure there is some subtle difference, but I cannot tell you off the top of my head.

fabiodriven
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Do not underestimate the Zinger. I personally think you're going to be surprised when racing the ATC70. Those little Zingers haul serious arse!

One thing I will continue to be baffled by... Why is it the first thing people do when they get an oil-injected bike is to block off the oil pump? I've had multiple oil-injected machines and never have I ever had any issues at all with an injection pump, with the exception of a leaky seal on my RD400. That didn't affect the injection though, it just leaked a little oil until I changed the seal.

And the Zinger is by far my favorite mini trike.

russ98atc
07-26-2012, 01:28 PM
The reason i blocked it off is because i honestly dont trust it, and plus now i know what its mixed at. Id rather have peace of mind than convenience.

4x4van
07-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Back in the 70s & 80s, oil injectors were not exactly known for their dependability...and when they quit, you lost an engine (top end). I had more than one do just that back in those days, and so pre-mix was the way to go. Besides, they run cleaner with pre-mix; injectors always seem to be set up a bit rich. When I had a Zinger, the only other bikes in my stable were 2-strokes (non-injected), so it was also easier since the only gas I had to keep around was pre-mix!

Really, the only 2-stroke that should have an injector, IMO, is a street legal one, so that you can pull into any gas station to fuel up! I have an old '72 Yamaha AT2 125 enduro that I run around town on, and I still have the injector on that. Otherwise, if it burns oil, I'm gonna make sure it burns exactly the type and amount that I want it to! :)

Blown 331
07-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Nice job with it. I'd pick one up for the right price. My buddy had one and it was a blast. They are really surprising off the line. I think you will beat the ATC70 off the line but I think the ATC70 will pull ahead once it starts going through the gears.
I'd like to get an ALT50 too. I've seen a couple at swap meets but they were too expensive for me. I'm not a huge Suzuki fan but I've never owned a Suzuki 3-wheeler.

John-Boy
07-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Does anyone else have a issue with their zinger leaking oil when you tilt it back, mine will leak when you put it almost 90 back looks like it coming out between the case and right side cover

thestud25
07-28-2012, 12:44 PM
John boy, there should be an overflow hose there.

russ98atc
07-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks, ive been riding the thing non-stop for the past week :lol: . Yeah the 4 gears on the 70 will be where the zinger falls. Just sucks theres not many bolt on parts for the zinger :(.
The alt50's are pretty neat, They seem to be pretty scarce though.

Fungo Wizard
07-30-2012, 05:10 PM
I picked up a TRI a couple weeks ago. Haven't done much but get it running so far. Problem with mine is it runs good as long as you stay on the gas, but after about 5 minutes of riding if you let it die it won't fire back up. As long as you keep it going it will run all day, but have noticed it gets a little warm too.

russ98atc
07-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Just a pic of me shooting a roost.

Jon Boy
07-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks, ive been riding the thing non-stop for the past week :lol: . Yeah the 4 gears on the 70 will be where the zinger falls. Just sucks theres not many bolt on parts for the zinger

first things first, get a brain bucket on. :rolleyes:
good find and work russ, pretty nice Zinger you got there. :beer
not exactly bolt-on mods, but might look into picking up a MJ50 or QT50 2speed trans. there's a pipe for the PW50 that works good, but sorry i always seem to forget the name of it. :lol:
do some searching and there's a few things that can be done and if you want a built motor then Raffa would be the first man i'd recommend you talk to.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/129856-Yamaha-tri-zinger-durablue-axle-and-more!!!!-Raffa-Where-ya-at?highlight=tri+zinger+speed

russ98atc
07-31-2012, 09:37 AM
I know i should have had one on.

Thanks! That would be a great mod but im not the greatest at all that custom fab work. Im thinking about picking up some holeshot clutch springs from peeweecycle,
and if by any chance i need to rebuild the top end again id go with the malossi 70cc kit. But other than that the only thing i would like to get is a pipe for it.

russ98atc
08-02-2012, 12:33 PM
i need to get my seat recovered im not sure on what colors would look cool? any suggestions?

Jon Boy
08-03-2012, 01:02 PM
personally i'd go with the factory blue. black would be the second. might try Mrs. Mosh she does some great work. :beer

russ98atc
08-04-2012, 01:50 AM
im thinking about a grippy black
i plan on painting the rims gold :naughty:

Dirtweed
08-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Russ

Did you get the new seat cover on the Zinger? We put ours on and it looks good. Wish it had a little extra material in a few
places to staple it down, but it covered it and we were able to get it in place and it looks good. Holding off on installing the
new Fender we bought until we get the pipe on next weekend.

Plan is to pick up the wheel adapters to get it to 3/120 bolt pattern and pick up some Douglas wheels and new tires. Connor is
starting to really wear his down.

D