PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bars on trikes

Keith Salyer
07-15-2012, 10:49 AM
How do you folks feel about nerf bars on the trikes for racing application. Pros and cons.

Bryan Raffa
07-15-2012, 11:01 AM
love em saved my ass a few times!!!!!!!!

Kintore
07-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Yup used to not really be a fan. Now I wouldnt race without them. Give you a nice sense of security, keep other people like raffa outa your grill. Very handy, racing is normally pretty clean but when it does get like dirty dancing. Nice to have them there for good protection.

Qdude79
07-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Where's everyone getting 'em from? Haven't seen, well, ANY on the "usual" sites that I can recall.

yaegerb
07-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Where's everyone getting 'em from? Haven't seen, well, ANY on the "usual" sites that I can recall.

You can use smaller quad nerfs, like blaster nerf bars and then you have to do some fab work to make them fit to your specific application. Or, I think there is a guy on this site that does fab them up for your application, I can't remember his name though. Just do a search on this site for nerf bars.

stroberts22
07-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Yup used to not really be a fan. Now I wouldnt race without them. Give you a nice sense of security, keep other people like raffa outa your grill. Very handy, racing is normally pretty clean but when it does get like dirty dancing. Nice to have them there for good protection.
A false sense of security beats no sense of security at all. lol.

buzzy613
07-15-2012, 01:36 PM
i have a set of dg nerfs off a banshe on my 250 and i love it

Kintore
07-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Talk to moshman, he can get you in contact with Angry neighbour who makes alot of custom parts, incl nerfs

Keith Salyer
07-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Does a rider ride more aggressive with nerf bars on Vs not having them. Are they legal at races today like in Ohio.

Bryan Raffa
07-15-2012, 10:22 PM
yea shure! on both questions,, when your tire gets in front of someone else's tire your both wreck ..it makes it much safer! ICE racing when the studs grab each other! THEY GRAB EACH OTHER !

110klt
07-15-2012, 10:32 PM
I ride old skool for a reason....... No nurf bars for me please.......

Bryan Raffa
07-15-2012, 10:53 PM
I ride old skool for a reason....... No nurf bars for me please.......

riding and racing are two totally different things....I ONLY have nerfs on my MX/ICE race bike... Im old school also.... but when I gotta go to work monday morning and my pelvis is broke ...I will shure as heck wish I had nerfs! Racing is very unpredictable! Very close! 6" away in a corner sideways... leaves little play for error ... your's or the guy next to you..
'