PDA

View Full Version : tri-z projects....how many ongoing out there....?????????

trizee250
11-25-2003, 08:53 AM
just a query....just how many triz projects are ongoing out there....anybody encountered any problems ???....difficulty finding parts???maybe a sparts swap would help you to complete a part of your project...... :D

twgranger
11-25-2003, 08:59 AM
you shouldnt have any problems finding parts, it will just take some time.

Tri-Z Pilot
11-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Here's my project at the moment, everytime I fix something, I find someting else, as of right now, I need to replace the waterpump seal, and right crankshaft seal, and she should be rideable (should be). I would like to find a good six speed bottom end though.

mywifeknowseverything
11-25-2003, 09:16 AM
I have two projects..One complete and running..Just needs to be restored......The other is a tuffy...Starting from just a frame..Almost have enough to get it rolling...Need the Axle and all the Wheels and tires...
Anybody help with a axle??
Good luck everyone

TimSr
11-25-2003, 09:28 AM
A Banshee axle is interchageable, which should make your search a little easier.

mywifeknowseverything
11-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks!!!!!!! I needed that!!!!!!

wolfspider
11-25-2003, 10:11 AM
this is my on going project only thing holding me back is cash at the mo, i want some new rims and rear tyres and new plastics.
my total rebuild is on .org.
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9403&highlight=tri+z+frame
8)
hope you like it.
steve

TRI-Zbrian
11-25-2003, 11:14 AM
here is my beast it rund perfect the only reason i tore into it was so i could jet the flat side carb properly and check everything over on the bike so far i have had to replace a couple bolts here and there that were missing from motor mounts.. other then that the motor is bran new well i mean its resleaved back to stock and has like 3 hours on it if that about a tank and a half of gas threw it.

TRI-Zbrian
11-25-2003, 11:16 AM
rear

J.D.
11-25-2003, 12:09 PM
I've got one going on too! I'm redoing my engine, top and bottom. My piston blew up(literally) while I was riding and when I tore into it I found I had tranny oil on my crank...so there ya go....

slippy4
11-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Ive got one going on also, not much to look at right now as its all in boxes. Just basically going through it all replacing all the engine mount bolts (from rattling out) and painting/polishing stuff up. Also the top end will be new, and clutch, just waiting on my cylinder from roy.

Yamahammer490
11-25-2003, 03:35 PM
My red and black 85 would be complete if I could ever stop obsessing about things I want to change. Right now I'm making some custom radiator wings to replace the stockers that were sort of ratty.

I post some pics after the Thanksgiving holiday when things (hopefully) settle down a little.