PDA

View Full Version : 83 110

87 250SX
11-24-2003, 09:25 PM
I pushed it to the top of the hill put it in 4th and started rolling down the hill about half way down it finally started. I stopped kept giving it gas to keep it running. Cut it off will fire rite back up rite after u cut it off. Let it sit for 1 minute it will barley start back up. Let it set for 2 minutes won’t even hit. Choke doesn’t help I’ve went thru the carb completely clean now was gummed up. Im sure its getting fuel, plug is wet and its not flooding I don’t think. Have tried different plugs. I have gave up on this 83 110 took the CDI cover off everything looked good. Its got blue spark fuel air. After warmed up it will idle with the light off. I think it starving for juice. I don’t know where to start tracing the power problem. The inside the CDI cover looks good and clean I did see a nat size metal shaving laying on the magnet that spins. I don’t know what to do dang thing will run after rolling off a hill. But dosnt have much power in 1st hi won’t go in low. will not pull a hill from a stop. Anyone had this problem.

200Xtreme
11-24-2003, 09:31 PM
First thing I would do is check the compression. I dont know the spec for that model, but I would guess it should be at least 130-150 psi. Start there.

87 250SX
11-24-2003, 09:33 PM
I will it seens like its good pops finger off LOL :rolleyes: Mite be a valve but it would still fire if i prime the cylender it dosnt.

moe
11-24-2003, 10:05 PM
How old is the gas I had one like that :( it was full of old gas .I drain all a old gas out and with fresh gas it ran great!!!

87 250SX
11-24-2003, 10:18 PM
im sure its spark but dont know where to start