PDA

View Full Version : 125M Trunk Lid?

kb0nly
07-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Is anyone reproducing these? I assume not since the replacement Maier fenders eliminated the rear storage compartment.

A good friend of mine picked up an 85 125M thats in pretty nice shape, one small crack in the fender by the back corner of the seat, small enough i think i will plastic weld it from the bottom just to keep it from spreading and call it good. Other than that its basically 90% original and there, its missing only a few things.

Battery Hold Down
Trunk Lid
Clutch Adjuster Cover

It only needs a few minor repairs, the rear hand brake cable is seized up, the foot brake works fine but needs a little adjustment, and there is an oil leak at the clutch adjuster, suspect the o-ring behind the washer is shot as the oil comes out at the bottom of the washer and trickles down the case. Should be an easy fix, i have to pull the right cover and put in a new gasket when i service it, clean the oil screen and just clean and inspect everything. So far i took it for a little spin and it runs perfect, one pull start and idles smooth as silk. The shifting is ok, a little loose, but someone adjusted the clutch and left the adjuster nut loose so it backed off on its own, a quick adjustment fixed that up, which is how i found out the o-ring was bad when i tightened the nut and it wouldn't stop leaking on my boot and the footpeg.. LOL

Other than that physical condition is great, some small defects to the seat cover but thats about it.

Here is some pictures... Ignore the date on the pictures, camera had a brain fart.

KI4UJO
07-04-2012, 10:14 AM
There is no reproduction,you're just going to have to try your luck at finding one.

kb0nly
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Well dang that sucks. I checked every bone yard i know of around here, nada... You got any clue where i can find one? Checked ebay, none. Looked through the classifieds on this forum and others and nothing so far. They really are rare.

I would like to at least find one to look at if nothing else, i would like to try to reproduce it in a sheet of aluminum, so even if i could find a damaged one that was enough there to work with, showing me the hinge locations, sizes, the bends, etc.. I could get a sheet of aluminum cut and bent by a buddy with a metal brake. Maybe a piece of diamond plate that would look cool on there!

Jason125m
07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
They're very hard to find. I have 3 125's and only one trunk lid.

KI4UJO
07-04-2012, 04:56 PM
I can say that I have the frunk lid, but I just got lucky. When I got it, I sent the seller of some 110 parts an email, and I payed before anyone else. Before I paid him,he already had 4 other offers. If you want to see something really rare, I have the lid, and 110 mudflaps. You just have to get lucky and find it.

kb0nly
07-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Any chance either of you guys could do me a favor then? Take some pictures of the lid off the trike? Top, bottom, a side shot to show the bends, maybe lay a ruler or tape along the edges so i can get some sizes?

I really want to just duplicate this in thick aluminum sheet and just put the registration number and DNR sticker on it, basically a plate and lid in one!