PDA

View Full Version : 86 honda 200x what's it worth update

dustrunner
07-04-2012, 01:07 AM
well the guy took off from work early to show me the 200x. i pulled in and his kid is pounding a blaster... there are 3 lawn mower projects in the yard and a few truck projects.... you know where were going here right... but off in the distance is the 200x.. looks pretty good from 100 feet. as we get to it we see a car headlight welded to some lawn mower blades to the tripple trees.... the non-original front fender is cracked. the seat is recovered with something i have never seen trailprotrailpro ( like a garbage bag) the rear grab bar has 3/4 rebar welded all under it... he says the brakes need work.. the piston to the master cylinder is hanging down not even into the master cyl... the muffler is so mangled its worthelss.. just for the heck of it i pull the oil dipstick and find no oil at all.. he says he put a clutch in it a few years ago and it musta leaked out while running his hand under the engine to prove that it was on the bottom of the engine but it was dry as a bone.. and the tank was mangled 2 so i say sorry i'll hafta pass and head back to the truck and wonder y i keep looking...:rolleyes:

toki
07-04-2012, 01:20 AM
what was he asking anyhow?

dougspcs
07-04-2012, 06:20 AM
what was he asking anyhow?

This is the one from the other thread, seller was asking $500. But, In cases like that you don't even get to the negotiation part..walk away!!

'123456q' Been there, done that, got the Tshirt!!

You did the right thing..there are others out there. Don't get discouraged..you'll have to kiss a few toads!!

Have a watchfull eye and move fast when they show up..the ones we want don't stay online for long.

Husky250
07-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Yep, I'm still kissing my toad after 2+ years.... Someday I get her running!