PDA

View Full Version : I need to ask for a little help.

110klt
07-02-2012, 08:38 PM
As per my thread "buying and selling toys" http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/145610-Selling-and-buying-toys

You can see I sold a 110KLT to a nice guy with 3 kids. They loved the machine and said it was just right for what they wanted. Now here is my asking for help, as you can see I spent the money on a quad for my wife and general use. The main shaft is locked up on the KLT the day after I sold it to him, I don't know what to do, but I feel responceable.

The guy that bought the KLT said if I can repair the problem he would gladly take the bike back no problems, he didn't feel like I was trying to take him. He said the bike was everything he hoped it would be untill it stopped moving. I think the main output shaft bearing ceazed IDK why it seemed great before I sold it. Anyway I feel a sence of responcebility and I really need to repair and fix this whole ordeal.

My best play and asking for help is. Since I have never split a case and time is of the essance does anyone have a good 110KLT trans, or a motor needing rebuilt I can put this top end on? If someone can spare a used motor for a good price I'd be grateful.

Thank you.

tri again
07-03-2012, 12:38 AM
wish I knew.
My precious daughters trike just locked up and won't move, outta the blue.

try clicking on
service manual

are you sure they didn't STOMP on the brakes and lock 'em up?

See , we never hardly use the brakes. so the first person to stomp on them bets a free lock up.

It happens on the farm about once or 2x a year with new spring riders.

110klt
07-03-2012, 07:49 AM
No the gear shift works OK moving between gears. The brakes are not locked up. If I kick the tire on the top the bikes chain moves a little with the sprocket. No my sprocket is tightI know that bearing has to be gone.

dougspcs
07-03-2012, 08:24 AM
are you sure they didn't STOMP on the brakes and lock 'em up?

See , we never hardly use the brakes. so the first person to stomp on them bets a free lock up.

It happens on the farm about once or 2x a year with new spring riders.

Sorry to take the thread off point, but..

Then service the brakes once in a while, it's part of normal maintenance!! Of course a 'new spring rider' is gonna expect to be able to stop..I would!

tri again
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Sorry to take the thread off point, but..

Then service the brakes once in a while, it's part of normal maintenance!! Of course a 'new spring rider' is gonna expect to be able to stop..I would!

I've had 2 lately that look like the brake cam shafts
were super stuck by dried out orig. assembly lube.
One took over 3 hrs just to get apart. (brake cam out)

I'd love to know why this klt locked up.
We had some idiot take a 110 down the paved road and STOMPED on the brakes
snapped a piece off a brake shoe which jammed everything..
Easy fix but first thought it was gearbox related.

An old mechanic said that engines and vehicles get used to
a certain way of being treated and a newbie may overrev
or otherwise ruin a machine that may have lasted for years.

thestud25
07-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Make sure the chain did not pop off. That could very well cause it to lock and not move.

tri again
07-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Make sure the chain did not pop off. That could very well cause it to lock and not move.

silly stuff certainly happens.
I've had a few get towd home with hay grass wrapped so tight around the chain and sprockets, it
almost had to be burned off.
Sticks snapped off jamming gear shfters tighter than an intentional bracket.

How many times do we hear about we experts forgetting that the kill switch is off
after some major overhaul?

Kawasaki's are not as common as hondas so I hope someone who really knows can help with the
problem.
The search key should get a bunch of answers so let me know if you can't get it to work and I'll
go searching too.

110klt
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Well I have looked at the obvous, I am positive without opening it up that the output shaft bearing is seized up as I stated it moves some with good amout of pressure on the wheel. I talked to the local repair shop today I am goign to strip the bike down to just the case and within my comfort zone and hand it over. Will save me a ton on labor and have an experance person look at the internals. Probably cost me $150 but hey then everyone will be happy. Well except for the lost cash out of my pocket but he at least I stand by my word and move on.