PDA

View Full Version : 200x It's Alive!!!..... Allliiiiiiive!! pics attached

gasoline and whiskey
11-24-2003, 02:15 PM
I got some electrical issues fixed and she fired up this morning, even though I only have one footpeg installed, no seat, handgrips or fenders I was so exited I sat on top of the airbox and took her for a test drive
in my complex, (my yuppie neighbors were horrified, ...Its my Birthday I will apologize later)
The new pipe sounds great, warmed up the new wiseco carefully so far so good.
Dumont Dunes here I come!

JasonB
11-24-2003, 02:29 PM
nice job! new pipe and paint job make it look sharp

84250r
11-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Job well done!!!

Tri-Z Pilot
11-24-2003, 03:27 PM
That's sweet, is that black chrome on the frame? What kinda front tire is that?

Darius1502
11-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Very nice color paint. What color is that?

Are those summit racing fork boots?

Awesome job...I can't wait to see the rest of the colors you use!!!

just beautiful....

don't you just love that first crackle of the motor...especially when you are wondering if it will start!!??

cew73
11-24-2003, 05:05 PM
yeahhhh :!:
awesome job man..........I gravity fed mine to hear her run :-P ...
Post some more pics when get the other pieces on

olive123
11-24-2003, 07:20 PM
DAMN :shock:
:Beerchug
i need an x.....

twgranger
11-24-2003, 07:26 PM
nice bike ;)

gasoline and whiskey
11-24-2003, 08:43 PM
The paint is metallic grey(industrial/impliment kind in the grey cans) this frame had some minor rust issues so I cleaned it up and used 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, and 4 coats of this low gloss gas resistant clearcoat I found at walmart. that should stop the rust. I will try powder coat on my next project. I stripped and polished the engine/forks and added alum bars- the fork boots are no namer's off the shelf from my local shop I did have to shorten them. I am taking it and my bike on a 5 day riding trip this weekend so I will have plenty of time to break it in carefully. I am running the stock carb this weekend with 6 supertrapp disks in the pipe. After break in I am adding a 27mm keihin carb and will jet and adust the pipe accordingly.(Im thinking about running with no airbox and a K&N with a precharger on it) considering small rear tires+regearing too... funny how these projects expand, this has been a fun project -Thank you to all of the members who helped me! this forum is great! Ill post the progress.

samster143
11-25-2003, 12:47 PM
looks real nice!