PDA

View Full Version : Sprockets that interchange with 86' 200x

Matrix
07-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Motosport doesn't carry them, RockyMountain has about the smallest selection of ATC parts and BikeBandit will only give my 2 day shipping at fastest. I am racing this Wednesday at Smith Road and when I was practicing this morning the chain poped off my sprockets! At first I thought my clutch just bit the dust until I saw my chain lying on my swingarm which was a great relief. I didn't realize it until a few minutes ago but my chain tightener is as tight as it goes so no go on tightening my chain, which I thought was brilliant the minute before I tried :( .

I would like to know if a sprocket from an 83'-85' will fit my 86'? Also, if it does I will have to get a 12 tooth front with a 40 tooth rear to hopefully keep roughly the same gearing on my 86' which is 13 front 38 rear. Then if I get that would I have to run an 88 link chain like the 83'-85' stock length or could I run a 86 link chain like the stock length for my 86'. Or split the difference and run an 87 length? RockyMountain does have sprockets for the 83'-85 with 1 day shipping which is why I am asking.

I saw another post on here when I was searching that said the 350x front sprocket is exactly the same. How about the rear? If I cant get sprockets I think I may either race my 250r if it gets done or just put a new chain on my 200x which I know is a BAD idea but its only for two races and some practice.

yaegerb
07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
PBI sprockets should be able to overnight. They are the guys that I use. Normal shipping (ground) and they were at my house in three days. The item numbers are below along with the link to the website. You can get them customized in different teeth counts.

http://shop.pbisprockets.com/category.sc?categoryId=4

361-13 is the item number for your front.

3162-38 is the item number for your rear.

Matrix
07-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think I can get overnight but thanks for you're input. You have been very helpful! :beer If I can't find anywhere else tonight to get overnight shipping then I'll have to order from pbi and just install them before my race if I am lucky enough to get them.

Matrix
07-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Well I just put my order in on Amazon and chose 1 day on both sprockets. One is garunted for July 3rd the other says July 3rd through 5th which almost means it will be here the 5th... :mad:

Guess I'll waste more money and buy a rear sprocket from the honda shop if they have one...

Tri-Z 250
07-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Take a linkout of the chain if the sprockets are decent or even worn one way....flip em' grind out the face of the pin 1 full link both sides. Use a punch and large deadblow hammer(2lb) and a vise slightly open as a backer so you don't bend the chain. That will get you through the day of racing.

Matrix
07-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Maybe I will give that a shot. My rear sprocket should be here tomorrow and like I said earlier, my front probably wont be here until the 5th even though I paid for overnight shipping.... $52 dollars for a small, 13 tooth sprocket for overnight that would originally cost $15 dollars... I would think that the seller would ship ASAP considering I paid so much extra but it's only money I guess.