PDA

View Full Version : 200s upgrades

200xman123
06-30-2012, 10:57 PM
hey guys i bought a 200x with a 200s motor the motor has the all down shift pattern and i am using it as a woods machine but want to get more power out of it what can i do to the engine for about 350$

yaegerb
06-30-2012, 11:05 PM
pipe/cam and re-jet. Those will liven it up a bit. For an extra 100 more, put a 12:1 piston in it.

atc007
07-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Assuming your bike has had the average maintenance most of these have. { POOR} Drain your oil,,flush all the gunk out with ,diesel,or any solvent you can get in there.. Not running,,just swishing it back and forth to get the clutch grit and crap out of the bottom of your engine. New plug,adjust your valves to .003-.004. Adjust your timing chain. If you really wanna do a great job,,tear into the clutch cover to clean out your oil strainer. { see service manual} Dirty and involved. Clean your carb,remove your airbox lid unless you're in water a lot.. Clean and OIL your air filter,adjust clean and lube your chain. Jack it up to verify you don't have a brake dragging fr or rear,or bad wheel bearings.Then check your plug to see if you've got a nice dry brown to blackish { safe} burn. Yaegers post will make you HP ,no doubt! If you go piston,,replace the pull rope with wire and save ca$h for future wrist and elbow and shoulder arthritis ! lol

3wheelrider
07-01-2012, 09:13 PM
From my experience-10.25 to 1 compr. piston is the highest you would probably want- it can be hard to pull start at times without the automatic decomp. cable. If you have the manual decomp. lever -it doesnt always work for you & it can be unpleasant when you pull hard & catch right at its highest comp.& then ouch my hand! It can put ALOT of strain on your arm,rope/pullstart at times but not too often. Anyways you would still be fine with 92 octane or so (premium pump gas). You can sure benefit from a used old school 200X header/full exhaust or new. Any are better than stock. I would leave the complete head & stock cam alone. (no HD valve springs or radical cam). You can change your rear sprocket size for more power too -(what size sprockets do you have?) Also -changing the clutches & springs(HD) can actually help you get back alot of lost power you may not know you have. Ridin in woods/trails you wouldnt want to get too crazy modifying. Speed you dont really need too much of. You want to keep it reliable and ridable all day, good steady idle- (no performance cam).- If you do want one- get a 200x cam. Keep it simple. You dont want something that builds too much heat either.

1)-10.25 to 1 high comp. piston
2)-aftermarket header/ full exhaust
3)-clutch/HD springs
4)-sprocket change?-if needed
+ gasket set
+ bore/hone

This should be good enough. And in budget- if you do the labor yourself. (minus the boring/honing of course)

200xman123
07-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the advice guys I think I'm going to go with the 10.25:1 change the oil adjust the valves tighten up the chain and take off the airbox lid hopefully this with make it run a little harder