PDA

View Full Version : Selling and buying toys

110klt
06-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Well it was a happy and sad day today. I finally got my 110KLT to run extremely well about a week or so ago. I mean flip the choke and first pull type of starting and an idle that would make anyboby who knew engines just sit back and smile. Give her the goose and run through all 5 gears like scalded pooch. Thing is after I got that far I was considering full suspention to the front and rear with hydrolic disc brakes front and rear. I had all the parts from a chinese dirt bike that suffered a chain slap and ruined the case. All I needed was a hand built set of triple trees and a hand built rear swing arm. I really considered all this but in the back of my mind thought, here I am ready to drop a grend in a 110 and in the back yard I have a 200x with all of that on it. Question was why was I going to do all that and not put the effort in the 200x?

Then I considered selling the KLT. I thought I'll just talk it about work and see what the responce was. So the second person I talked to said hell ya I'll take it for $600. I thought it must be fait so I sold it to a guy that has 3 pre teen boys that will love and ride the bike as is and give it a good home.

Now my wife has been asking about a 4 wheeler for herself, She hated the KLT because it scared her to ride it. So the other day I neticed a 220 Bayou in my son's friends garage when I picked him up. I asked about it but his dad was at work. I texted the dad the day after and he said it needs a timing chain but he had 4 other machines and wasn't using that one in over a year. So he sold me the 99 Bayou for $500 with 2 new rear tires and new battery. Timing chain cost less than $60 and I am sure gauskets won't be more than $20.

So in short I picked up an awsome little quad for the price of my KLT and a little work so I guess I am happy.

Sad part is I was sorry to see the KLT find a new home but I really didn't need the bike.

Oh well toys must come and go I guess.