PDA

View Full Version : I Need A '86 250r Engine Part With Perfect OEM Paint

bkm
06-30-2012, 06:31 AM
I am going to do my best to duplicate the color in powdercoat of the '86 250r engine color but I need a part that has perfect oem paint on it still. I do not care about the functionality of the part as long as it has perfect paint.

Looking for an old head or maybe a junk jug with a good exterior, sprocket cover, stator cover, wp cover ect.

I hope this is ok to post in here and not in the classifieds because I will be updating the thread with progress for future builds.

pantera1975
06-30-2012, 10:21 AM
I had BDT do my 86 motor in the 86 gray. Call him and ask. They charge about 200 to pc the motor and clean it up for PC. I know he uses low temp pc for the motors to prevent warpage. Otherwise I have a WP cover that is PC'ed by them I could send you. I dont think it dead nuts but real close. Or I could use the prophet camera from work and take a picture of the side of my case and it will generate a paint code. Let me know how it goes.

bkm
07-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Is the w/p cover something you need right away? I have a feeling this might take a while. The paint code thing would be cool also if you don't mind.

pantera1975
07-01-2012, 09:00 AM
No the WP cover is just sitting. I put on a blue anodized cover and BDT machined off the TRX logo esr put on there. Its a semi gloss gray. I brign home the paint camera and snap a pic. Thats what I did for my swing arm. I took off the prolink decal and buffed the paint the let the computer generate a code. Heres a pics of the swing arm and fork tubes. I had my first swing arm powder coated but the metallic is real flat and alot darker. I can mix up enough paint for what I need so I used 10 oz of color to do the fork tubes,swing arm and 3 hubs. Every thing cost me $20 to bo it in base clear.

bkm
07-01-2012, 09:12 AM
That looks great. I am thinking of doing a fake Mugen fork slider color on the fork sliders on my '85 with the Showa decals.

pantera1975
07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
The mugen gold is different from what was posted but I have no way to get the color so instead of it looking off being 2 golds not the same and people asking why I used all the same gold.

pantera1975
07-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I took a picture of the gray today and it wont come up with a very close match, a 31 rating. Pretty much anything over a 6 or 7 will look off. I can send you the WP cover.