PDA

View Full Version : 200x doesn't like water

atchonda
06-27-2012, 08:41 PM
So i rebuilt my 84x runs great new gaskets and seals all around doesn't leak oil but when I go in the swamp say up to the bottom of the cylinder I get water in my oil.....where is this comin in from????? I'm miffed where should I check first

Yamaha_Rules69
06-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Bottom of cylinder? Why are you driving in water that deep? A submarine would make a better choice if you want to run under water. I dont see the fun in driving these in deep water, everything gets rusty, especially in the swingarm area. The bike is old to begin with, why not do it with a pos 4x4 quad? My guess however would be the water getting in at the oil breather tube behind cylinder, or into the oil cap, around the o ring.

3wheelrider
06-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Definitely check those 1st. But I would bet its a bad countershaft seal (behind the front sprocket). -Quick cheap fix.

atchonda
06-27-2012, 09:15 PM
thanks for the tips ....I don't try take it in the water it's just sometimes part of the trail and I got to get to the other side

WIkid500
06-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Are you running that stock breather hose apparatus? I didn't like that from day one so I eliminated a lot of the crap with the goofy T in it and ran the hose straight from the crank case to the air box where it has to get real deep in water before the water can just run into the case. That was a stupid design by Honda, Mine is now plumbed like my ytm-200. Yamaha got it right.

3wheelrider
06-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Ahh......it can handle it- lol. No problem. Let us know the culprit/outcome. Good luck.

atchonda
06-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Ya crank breather looks good but since its not leakin oil that must be the first line of attack