PDA

View Full Version : April 86 dirtwheels, KX80 conversion trike

MIK6
06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have a copy of it?? Im looking for the article on the KX80 trike, i need a copy of it to help w my KX80 rebuild. I think they are different trikes but i really believe they rolled out of the same shop OR someone copied mine from the article.

THANKS
MIK6 / Mike

thestud25
06-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I'll look when I get hope Mike.

MIK6
06-27-2012, 02:28 PM
WOW.. I just got off the phone w/ Tom the owner of Pro Design! He was awesome to talk to! He said he build about 10 of his KX80 conversions. He used homemade triple trees that removed some of the rake, aluminum swing arms removable aluminum sub frames and hand formed pipes. He said he bought NEW KX80s stripped them down to do the builds and that they went for around $5000 back then.
SOOOO mine is NOT one of his, i think it was definitely inspired by his builds, its just not one. im going to keep the search going!
I did invite him to join the site and to post whatever info he had on his old builds, nice to have more history on these cool custom trike builders and builds!

MIK6 / Mike

Jeb
06-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Mike, I don't remember seeing that one of yours! Have some pics or a link?

MIK6
06-28-2012, 12:40 AM
jeb.. its new to me, i picked it up at trikefest!! more picts will fallow once i get into taking it apart and making it mine!!
It was for sale here on 3ww a few months ago, if you search it or my name it will come up.

MIK6 / Mike

Swinger
06-28-2012, 10:12 AM
It is a sweet little ride either way Mike. That little guy should haul pretty good. Get it all fixed up and find a youngin to race it at TF next year against Cory so he doesnt have to race the girls! Ha ha, sorry Cory but I think the women were a little too fast for you. LOL!!

just ben
06-28-2012, 10:14 PM
It Get it all fixed up and find a youngin to race it at TF next year B.S I'm building one to go head to head with mike!

brapp
06-28-2012, 11:23 PM
does this mean i need to find a kx 60 frame and build the oen i have dreamed abotu for years, maybey even cram the xr500motor in it do it moves my fat ass around lol