PDA

View Full Version : New news from KLT land.

110klt
06-20-2012, 10:30 PM
WOW I am so freaking excited, I am SO close to making this little 110 KLT run like a swiss watch. I have been through so much with this little bike but just couldn't quit, even after I bought my 200x I still had to tinker.

OK here is the history. Early on I had the bike given to me, pulled it out if my friends neighbors barn. Tires still with good air, oil in the crank case, we threw some gas in and pull started her to life. No idle and running ruff I loaded it on the trailor.

I decided to do the following:

New coil, piston, rings, cylinder sleeve, valve job, cam, paint, seat, brakes, and a nice S&S or Bassani exhaust (don't remember which). I also added some upgraded front forks from a 185KLT with shocks, narrower front rim.

Now I tried 3 different caburetors along with cleaning the original one 3 to 4 times. No luck it would run fat and idle like crap for 30 seconds, then the engine would die. But hey it ran right? No wrong, I still had to try. So my son had a 125 lifan dirt bike that tossed the chain and cracked the case. I got mad at the Chinese bike and threw it in the corner and bought him a Yamaha 125TTR, a much better bike by far. While stripping the Chinese bike for parts to trade I grabbed the carburetor and noticed it was a Mikuni, huh a Mikuni off 125cc Lifan engine and on to a 110cc Kawasaki?????? Never thought about it before but the carb bolted up then started right up and idled like a champ, I mean this could possible be the best sounding idle and quickest starting bike I have ever seen in my life. So I run it down the road and about 2/3 to 3/4 throttle it falls on it's face, still happy by my break through I open her up and see it has a 95 main jet. OK so I shop around, and on ebay I find jets. So I bought 97.5 - 125 for something to play with. Well I installed in the 110 jet as a guess and wow what a differance, I think it's still a little lean, but man did she run great. I'll have to buy a new plug and do a plug chop under WOT loaded up. I am freaken geeked that I still have jets to go and it is running so much better. I think I will take her out Saturday morning to the ATV park and spend the morning out there drinking coffee and trying different jets out.

I guess in this case persistance is paying off.

Jeb
06-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Way to stay at it! That's a pretty sweet little ride!

110klt
06-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Guess KLT's just don't get any props???????

sinsayers
06-21-2012, 10:42 PM
good looking ride man, gotta love trail pro's!

110klt
06-22-2012, 05:43 AM
good looking ride man, gotta love trail pro's!

Want them? Because there heavy, clogg easy, and stiff as a board on a nonsuspended bike.

Nickmazz
01-27-2014, 10:10 AM
I ordered 2 mikuni 22mm carbs for my atc 70. THinking about using the spare 22mm on my klt 110. It has a 100 main jet. If it runs to lean i will just drill it out a tiny bit.