PDA

View Full Version : Push throttle for 84 250r?

Matrix
06-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Apparently these assembly's are as hard to find as an 87 200x and when you do you pay the price. The only push throttle I have found so far is on motosport.com and is for $110!! That's outrageous! Where can I get one of these for a good price? Right now I have a twist throttle but it is very hard to slide and try to maintain control of the bike and I feel a lot safer with a push throttle, I have had plenty of bad experiences with twist and I really just want to forget all about those..

oldskool83
06-17-2012, 08:05 PM
just use somthing off a quad, it does not have to be model specific.

Flossyb20
06-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Do you mean a thumb throttle? If so...I'm pretty sure I could dig you up a good one for your bike...my brother just took one off his fooler and replaced it with an 86 stlye for his 38mm flat slide (the 84 won't open the slide all the way up on that carb)...let me know if you're interested.

Chazz of Blades
06-17-2012, 08:55 PM
I didn't know they were that hard to come by, I have a nearly new one on my 84 Fooler.

Matrix
06-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Do you mean a thumb throttle? If so...I'm pretty sure I could dig you up a good one for your bike...my brother just took one off his fooler and replaced it with an 86 stlye for his 38mm flat slide (the 84 won't open the slide all the way up on that carb)...let me know if you're interested.

I may be, I would like to get one that's in very good condition or new. If his is in great condition then maybe. I'll PM you tomorrow after I make sure my carb is the stock. It looks relatively new so I just want to make sure it will fit. And yes I do mean thumb, I generally refer to it as push but after looking up push throttle online I see that they make fancy push pull assemblies.

DasUberKraut
06-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Matrix...

Correct me if I'm wrong. You are looking for the nice machined aluminum style throttle. Not the cheap pressed sheet metal style, right? If so, the aluminum ones are hard to find. I finally found one and lucked out. Paid $25 shipped.

gus
06-17-2012, 10:01 PM
I also got a spare thumb throttle matrix its off my 350x if your interested?

Deathrocket
06-17-2012, 10:04 PM
ive got a non electronic polaris thumb throttle on my 81, didn't come with a back clamp, so its held on by a copper pipe strap lol... course my motto is if your going 80 no one will see the duct tape and zip ties lol, you may want a more refined look...

Matrix
06-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Im just looking for a nice thumb throttle assembly that is in good condition and will hold up. I'll talk with Flossyb20 first but I'll keep you in mind gus.

Blown 331
06-17-2012, 10:39 PM
I had no idea they were hard to find either. My bike has a real nice one and I didn't think anything of it.

What did he do about the boot? I tried putting an 85 ATC250R carb on my 84 and it was no where near fitting.