PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z brake question

whiteman350x
11-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Trying to get the screws out of the ft. master cyl. cover. They had been rounded out before I got it. Screwdriver just spins in the screw. Any ides on getting them out w/o damaging the master cyl?

J.D.
11-23-2003, 06:44 PM
I have a set of Craftsmen screw remover things. They are supposed to remove them, but usually just take the heads of the bolts off for me. I think something that would work is take a SMALL punch, and angle it so it'll go down into the screw, and turn it. If you want I could send you the one I used out of my kit, as long as you send it back. PM me if your interested ;)

slippy4
11-25-2003, 12:42 PM
well, take a big screw driver (one that just doesnt fit into the hole of the screw head) then take a BFH and smack it into the screw as far as you can, then as you try to turn it out keep smacking the screwdriver with a hammer so it cant pop out. Or what i used was a screwdriver that as you hit the top it goes down and turns the screw out. works good.

ejc042
11-25-2003, 12:45 PM
If you have a small cutting wheel for the dremel you can cut a slot in the head of the screw to make it a flat head and should be able to get it out with the flat head screwdriver then.

Rod
11-25-2003, 11:37 PM
That happened to mine. My pops had an impact driver that got it out easy. It's basicialy a screwdriver that you hit with a hammer & when you do it twists. Worked great. That is what slippy4 was talking about i'm pretty sure.

TimSr
11-25-2003, 11:44 PM
That happened to mine. My pops had an impact driver that got it out easy. It's basicialy a screwdriver that you hit with a hammer & when you do it twists. Worked great. That is what slippy4 was talking about i'm pretty sure.

Did exactly that on mine, yesterday. I had to use the smallest flat head bit though, the philips wouldnt grab after it was stripped.