PDA

View Full Version : Western WI repair shops

bobbyg
06-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone, haven't been here in quite a while (maybe three years) but like the new website format :). Anyway, I moved up to western Wisconsin and was wondering if anyone had a lead on someone who is willing to do a little work on my '83 200e? Really don't want to even try to go to a Honda dealer and pay 70$ an hour, if they'd even want to work on it. Nothing major, thinking of tubing the tires, need the recoil rope replaced, a little carb tune-up....that sort of thing. Most of it I'd do myself if I had the time, summer's my busy time of the year. I'm located in LaCrosse, WI and work in Winona, MN so anywhere in this area would be great.
Just wondering if anyone had any leads on who to call or who to avoid!

Much Appreciated!

toki
06-12-2012, 04:03 AM
im in the same boat as you! wish i could give you some help here but im lost as well. I'm about 3 hours north of you. go north to eau claire... and keep on truckin lol.

im just trying to find a shop to maybe do the bearings in my case and bore/hone on my 200x for a new piston. there are a million small shops around me. a few large ones as well. but i have no idea who to trust.

WIkid500
06-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Toki, If you wanted to rebuild a 200x on a weekend sometime we could do it at my old mans shop in Wausau. Also I have a good guy to bore cylinders up in Prairie Farm Wi, about 40 min north of Eau Claire.