PDA

View Full Version : swingarm extensions??

BP
11-23-2003, 08:34 AM
I have been contacted from a guy in Germany who makes swingarm extensions for my 86 tecate. I was wondering if any of you have ever used these products and if so are they good?

He wrote:

They bolt on to the end of your swingarm and extend it 4 inches. They sell for $250.00. If they work and are safe Im going to buy one. Just wondering if anyone out there has ever used one. Hi,
this is a +4" bolt-on extension.It bolts right onto the stock swingarm and
then you mount the
stock bearing carrier into it.
The outer surfaces are polished,comes with high grade bolts to mount on
swingarm.
It will be anodized in color of your choice and then engraved with the CGR
logo.
The part requires a longer chain and maybe a longer brakeline, these parts
are not included.What you see is what you get.
Feel free to mail me with any more questions.
Best wishes and have a nice weekend
Marco

> Would you please explain by what you mean a bolt on extender? Do you have
> a
> picture of your product. And I am interested!
>

Aaron2003
11-23-2003, 10:36 AM
i've never heard of it before but if i was you i would take the 250 and find a +4" on ebay, i just got one for 200.00 off there

Aaron

MIK6
11-23-2003, 11:20 AM
I have 1 of his extenders. Marco is also known as Hagen and GREENBOY on this site. I have not installed the extender yet (no time), But I can tell you it is a very nice piece!!! It is worth the $$ if you are interested in going this route. I have a picture I will try to resize and post, there is also a picture of it on the TF03 CD if anyone wants to find/ post it for me.

MIK6 / Mike

BP
11-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Mike

he sent me several pictures and it looks nice. As far as buying a + anything on Ebay I have been looking for months and have not seen a thing for an 86.

Billy Golightly
11-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Hagen makes VERY nice stuff, I've got a a Grab bar and muffler from him, and other people have gotten other things. Its all high quality, better then what 99% of the aftermarket places pump out. I don't think theres a real question on the saftey of using them. There use to be a place in the back of dirtwheels that sold some like that for the Banshee. The ad might even still be in it, But I haven't gotten an issue in nearly a year so I don't know for sure.

ange
11-23-2003, 01:11 PM
HAGEN=good guy and good stuff.

PS. there has not been any any "+" anything for an '86 on ebay in a looong time

200x Basket
11-23-2003, 01:44 PM
his stuff looks great and totally custom, he is even a super nice guy. however by the time you add the shipping i would look into a custom swinger. have you priced one yet? how much? i know one guy on here has a kxt500 with a custom swinger. get in touch with him and see where he had them made.
chris

BP
11-23-2003, 04:12 PM
I did contact a few guys and they havent gotten back about the custom swinger. One guy told me he needed $700.00 a few months back but I thought that was too much. i bought another stock swinger on Ebay and am hoping on getting some prices on extending that one.

TimSr
11-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Hagan's Work.

MIK6
11-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Thanks TIM SR. That is my extender.
It was Hagens prototype. I know he was going to make sure of a better clean prior to anodizing, that would eliminate the black aroung the welds. The thing is about a 5 in extention. The craftmanship is AWSOME!! I got the idea from looking at the boltin extenders for a blaster in the back of DirtWheels, after talking w/ Hagen we passed some ideas and that is what he came up w/.
ANYONE THAT DECIDES TO PURCHASE 1 WILL BE VERRY HAPPY W/ THIS PART!!

MIK6 / Mike

fordnut79@hotma
11-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Old link I know..... anybody got a pic of one of these? Or can u still buy one?

MIK6
11-18-2015, 08:04 AM
here's one.. after 5 years of running it..

MIK6
11-18-2015, 08:08 AM
I know he has them maded in steel ready for paint. Mine was his prototype, he made 2 in alum. I know where the 2nd alum one is, but haven't had a shot to pick it up yet lol.

I love the way it works! 2nd gear pinned launches on the strip w a sprock300 in it.. lol