PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha YT throttle cable

old-yellow
06-07-2012, 09:04 PM
I am looking to buy a new cable for mine but i don't want to buy a stock cable because i don't use the stock oil injection, my question is there a cable that i can use with my stock thumb throttle and just run it to stock VM20ss carburetor and delete the cable that runs to the oil injection, I tried looking on here for an answer but no luck if anyone knows please let me know Thanks, Alex

old-yellow
06-09-2012, 06:14 PM
well i gave up on waiting and won a stock motion pro cable on Ebay for $14.00 shipped, so it looks like i am still going to be running the stock oil injection cable, oh well.

Vealmonkey
06-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Damn guy, use a little imagination. If you get on the Dr. ATV site, they sell cable sheething, cables, the metal end pieces for the sheething and the end pieces for a cable. Make your own custom cable.

old-yellow
06-09-2012, 08:18 PM
dam I did not know that Dr. ATV had "kits" i contact motion pro and they wanted $30.00 + shipping for a custom cable oh well at least I can just throw the one i bought on and go

Dirtweed
09-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Just went on Dr. ATV to look at this stuff for building a throttle cable for our Tri-Zinger. We disabled the oil pump and the original cable
is shot. Figured it doesn't look too hard to do. Anyone build their own cable before?

yamaha driver
09-24-2012, 04:47 PM
just take out the cable for the oil injector inside the splittler. then its practly the same as a complete cable