PDA

View Full Version : 83 110 spark

87 250SX
11-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Got mad that the 110 wouldn’t start. Had Air fuel and spark. Noticed when I would pull the pull start fast the light would go from nothing to bright like it was storing up energy the more u pulled it. So I pushed it to the top of the hill put it in 4th and started rolling down the gill about half way down it finally started. I stopped kept giving it gas to keep it running. Doesn’t have much power in first the engine runs good has a lot of response. Won’t idle I need to adjust the carb. But won’t start now with the pull start. I think its because of a week spark. The 83 has a electronic ignition so if I go into it and clean the contacts I should get a hotter spark it sat for 6 years so maybe it got some rust on the magnets.

I’m sure that it being in High rang would make it not have much power going up a hill it would pull up one but not with tork I’m sure low is better but it won’t switch do u have to switch it on the fly.

87 250SX
11-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Forgot to mention ive tried many spark plugs also all the same thing.

87 250SX
11-23-2003, 08:52 AM
bump

Does the hi lo have to be stwitched wile moving.

olive123
11-23-2003, 09:38 AM
i think youve got it. I have found that it is usually what you deduce.
Find the weakness in the link and problem solved. Iagree totally with your
finding. Make sure you take the carb apart also. Definately gummed up or plugged.

87 250SX
11-23-2003, 07:28 PM
I’ve went thru the carb completely clean now was gummed up. After push starting down a hill get it warm by riding it will idle with the light off witch means its starving for juice.
Cut it off will fire rite back up rite after u cut it off. Let it sit for 1 minute it will barley start back up. Let it set for 2 minutes won’t even hit. Choke doesn’t help.
Its in hi and will not change into low ive got long medium steep drive ways and It will pull the hill in 1st and that’s all second bogs down if u stop on a hill it wont go from a stop. That’s all I expect it to do its only a 110 but I was wondering if im week on fire maybe im losing power. I will go into the CDI and clean whatever in there. Could it be the ???? other electrical parts I don’t know about the electrical systems on 3 wheelers but I know a little. I’ve herd about stators going bad.

Anyone ever had this problem.