PDA

View Full Version : Okay..........I SERIOUSLY need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trackburger
05-31-2012, 09:14 PM
I am either addicted to buying trikes...... or these things multiply like rabbits........ picked up an 86 200X tonight.....:Bounce

So according to my calculations and trend analysis I have been buying a trike every 2 weeks for the last month...... and the engine size is gradually dwindling. I told my wife its my way of getting a 70 for our daughter!!!!!!!

350X: Check
250R: Check
200X: Check
185S:......................Guess I'll see ya in 2 weeks!!!!!!:lol::naughty:

bkm
05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Looks nice man. Those are mean looking little bikes set-up right.

atc007
05-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Very nice stable!

threewheelin-feelin
05-31-2012, 10:57 PM
i was sopposed to go get that 200x tonight...why did i know it was you when he texted me at lunch saying it was sold!! thats the one with the broken shift fork right?

Trackburger
05-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Yep thats the one,

Awe man..... sorry dude!!!! I called him last night and he said he had someone coming today to look at it.... I said I didnt even need to look at it, i got the cash, I want it, when can I come....

If its any consolation it looks pretty good but needs alot more than just a shift fork. The swing arm bearings are shot, the front forks are blown, he said it was running but since the side case was off and there was no oil he couldnt start it (big gamble here) exhaust is twisted, chain and sprockets are trash, missing the front rotor and caliper not sure if back brakes / MC work as it was disconnected for case removal..... and the list goes on, but I plan on tearing it down like I did the 350X and replacing everything anyway, so it didnt matter to me, but its no where ready to ride.....complete for the most part, but not ready to ride. man...now I feel bad

CRAZY70MAN
06-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Oh have no fear. You appear to have plenty of room left in that 2 car garage lol. You are on to something though with the smaller trikes. Dozens of big bikes led to this in my garage... http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_Picture352.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view&current=Picture352.jpg) Those little things can overtake you in a hury!! It ain't a bad thing though. I had 20 plus wheelers in my 2 car attatched at one time. I never understood why my wife never left me?:wondering:D Be careful..:crazy::crazy: Nice rides ya got there.....

swampthang
06-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Thats how it goes man. It starts with one, then you find out how fun they are, next thing you know you have a garage full and random people calling your house either asking to buy or sell you more trikes.:rolleyes:

Remember acouple weeks ago when you bought the 250r and I suggested you add a 200x to your collection? Thats the way the trike sickness game goes!:lol: Just add a 225dx and you pretty much have my current collection. I tryed to add up all the trikes I've had sense I came down with the trike flu and I counted over 35 in the last few years. Most where parts bikes though.

Congrats on the little X looks like a sweet bike. Heres what I'd do. Buy a atc 70 for your wife then she will see the fun in them and your golden. No more strange looks acrossed from the kitchen table then!:D

murfman
06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I started last September with my 250X. Followed by my 350X, 5 ATC70s, and 2 300EX quads, so that is 9 in 8 months. I'd still like to add a 250ES Big Red and a 250R to the collection and finish of with a TRX450R conversion.

El Camexican
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM
You don't need help, you just need a bigger garage!

KI4UJO
06-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Oh have no fear. You appear to have plenty of room left in that 2 car garage lol. You are on to something though with the smaller trikes. Dozens of big bikes led to this in my garage... http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_Picture352.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view¤t=Picture352.jpg) Those little things can overtake you in a hury!! It ain't a bad thing though. I had 20 plus wheelers in my 2 car attatched at one time. I never understood why my wife never left me?:wondering:D Be careful..:crazy::crazy: Nice rides ya got there.....
What do you do if you want to ride the 110?

El Camexican
06-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Oh have no fear. You appear to have plenty of room left in that 2 car garage lol. You are on to something though with the smaller trikes. Dozens of big bikes led to this in my garage... http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_Picture352.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view¤t=Picture352.jpg) Those little things can overtake you in a hury!! It ain't a bad thing though. I had 20 plus wheelers in my 2 car attatched at one time. I never understood why my wife never left me?:wondering:D Be careful..:crazy::crazy: Nice rides ya got there.....

I think I see your problem, they appear to be engaged in a breeding ritual. Same thing happened when we had rabbits;)

rdlsz24
06-01-2012, 02:03 PM
The swing arm bearings are shot, the front forks are blown, exhaust is twisted, chain and sprockets are trash, missing the front rotor and caliper not sure if back brakes / MC work as it was disconnected for case removal

Sounds like most of the trikes I buy lol.

Rob

KI4UJO
06-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I think I see your problem, they appear to be engaged in a breeding ritual. Same thing happened when we had rabbits;)
So, when he walks out to the garage in several months, expect a 70 with a 110 in it.

Trackburger
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
LMAO... You guys are awesome, I'm glad i have such a good support group!!!!! I feel better now..... off to find another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

CRAZY70MAN
06-01-2012, 11:37 PM
So, when he walks out to the garage in several months, expect a 70 with a 110 in it.

lmfao.......

threewheelin-feelin
06-03-2012, 12:43 AM
lol its ok man i just know now i have competition in the area and got to move quicker haha there are some 200s's up there right now for a damn good price

remsandpets
06-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Sounds like a heck of a problem to have! Im sure there is NO cure for the Trike collection syndrom. Its just one of those conditions the family members need to learn to deal with. Unfortunately it is not covered by most insurance plans and the government is trying to cover it up by banning the offending cause, the 3 Wheeler its self!

Trackburger
06-03-2012, 07:14 AM
lol its ok man i just know now i have competition in the area and got to move quicker haha there are some 200s's up there right now for a damn good price

Well, I'm going to take a little break from buying for a bit, wifes having the baby in 5 days and I want to go through the 250R and now the 200X like I did the 350X, so i have alot to entrtain myself with!!!!

Yeah, I had seen those, I put an ad up looking for trikes as well.... seems like most people around here have 200's, not working, painted solid black and they want $500 to $800.... too much IMHO. One kid had a piar of 200's for $500 but they looked beat to heck.

I'll let you know if I see anything else though... 2 sets of eyes are better than one.

threewheelin-feelin
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
yeah we are in the land of over priced 3wheeler...i have seen people asking $2500 to $3500 for 350x's and 250r's that should be going for $800 to maybe $1200...oh well im pricing mine high if i ever try to sell since everyone else does lol

Trackburger
06-03-2012, 04:00 PM
It's probably in your favor you didnt buy it, I took the side cover off today just to tinker with it to see what was up....... lot more than a missing shift fork...... :(

I hate it when goons think they know what theyre doing when it comes to these things.... striped threads, broken bolts mossing parts loose timing chains about ready to fall off on their own...... This ones going to be a pain in the arse,.................:drool:

I guess I will just take my time.... I was so excited to find a 2nd gen 200x for fairly cheap... I should have looked at it a little better there and talked him down more. Lesson learned. Maybe I'll put a 500R in it....LOL :twisted:

threewheelin-feelin
06-03-2012, 05:32 PM
i hear you man...i talked him down to $300 over the phone...but i was going to nit pick like i always do...but i also would prefer a first gen 200x...i really love the matching 350x colors on the 85