PDA

View Full Version : +2 swing arm

buzzy613
05-28-2012, 10:59 PM
would a plus 2 help keep the front of my trike down just a tad more? i dont want to go to long but stock is just a little short it seems

just ben
05-28-2012, 11:11 PM
good question. are you riding a 70 or a tiger 500? a little info goes a long ways

Vealmonkey
05-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Not too many people riding Tiger 500s. LOL Instead of spending the money on a longer swingarm, change your riding style just a bit and maybe regear. But that's totally up to you. You don't say what kind of terrain you are riding either. On tight trails and such, a stock swinger may be better. If you are riding alot of wide open spaces, a longer swingarm may work. Be ready to spend some money, not only for the swingarm, but for the longer chaing, new bearings and all.

just ben
05-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Not too many people riding Tiger 500s.I know one that gets ridden:) my point was there is no info given as to the machine or more importantly as you point out veal the riding terrain or style.

Vealmonkey
05-29-2012, 02:46 AM
I know. We are all just the "Amazing Krezkin"! LOL

RIDE-RED 250r
05-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes, going with a longer swingarm will make the front end a little more manageable. But as Veal said, look at what kind of riding you do and choose based on that. It will be spendy.

I ride mainly gravel roads up here in Northern NY on my 350r and my next step for my R is a +4 swinger. I do virtually zero tight trail riding. Just bombing long winding gravel roads drifting around the sweeping turns and also do a little drag racing. I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of ability through the turns for a bit more edge when drag racing my friends and family on their 450s... There is always a trade-off...

buzzy613
05-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Sorry guys, im just about all terain, its for my 250. the trails are a little tight but i want to beable to snap in the power band of my R with out worrying about going backwards. i dont want to have too long of one on it, i was thinking of going plus 2.5 or mabey a 3 but all the input from you guys is appreceiated. teach me oh wise ones.

Vealmonkey
05-29-2012, 05:43 PM
If you are riding mostly tight trails, then I personally wouldn't go with an extended swinger. Regearing your sprocket or sprockets or changing your riding style slightly would be the cheapest route. If you have to have an extended swinger, than I wouldn't go with more than a +2. But remember, an extended swingarm isn't necessarily "THE" answer for all your handling woes. There really is no end all, beat all solution other than understand your machine and ride accordingly as the situation dictates.

buzzy613
05-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I mostly ride open dikes and the ocasanal sand pits but ill do a bit more searchin