PDA

View Full Version : How's the New Look? BR 200ES

R-N-D
05-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Decided to spruce it up a bit since the original plastics were faded and heavily scratched. Bought a vinyl kit and did it myself. Honestly, not the best job but for never doing anything like this before, really didn't turn out half bad. At least not in pictures and from a distance. What do you think?

Sorry, my bad. TYPO I know it's a 200 ES, just don't know how to type it. Thanks.

kawasaki666
05-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Who you hidin from? Looks good!

R-N-D
05-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Dude, that isn't a 250ES..you own an 84 200ES...completely different animal from the 250.

Besides, it that was a decent looking original machine, why??

Sorry, you are correct. It was a TYPO, I do know my machine, just don't know how to type too well it looks like. As for the change, I didn't like the faded and scratched plastics. Looked like garbage to me. Plus, like the change.

Flossyb20
05-23-2012, 10:14 PM
What are the pictures of...all I can see are 3 tires???:lol: Nice job, especially for a DYI vinyl kit, and because you didn't spray paint the fenders, you can always change it later!

dougspcs
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Not a criticism, just like my machines original no matter what their state.

At the age they are they don't have to be ashamed to show their age and battle scars!!! They are like badges..

To each his own!!

Buck Snort
05-23-2012, 10:48 PM
I like it! I have a 83 Big Red in rough shape, I am going to do the same thing

R-N-D
05-23-2012, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=dougspcs;1128159]Not a criticism, just like my machines original no matter what their state.

At the age they are they don't have to be ashamed to show their age and battle scars!!! They are like badges..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]147384[/ATTACH

To each his own!![/QUOT

No worries. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I asked the question, you answered. I expect all sorts of responses. If I didn't expect to hear anything negative, I certainly would not have asked and would have been kidding myself. I understand that there will be those who share my opinion of how it looks while others will think the complete opposite. No biggie! Just like to share.

aldochina
05-24-2012, 12:35 AM
it def looks cool, but i have to agree with doug!! that looks like a very nice original es, not a common machine to find in good shape, it just pains me a bit. Not everyone is into the nastalgia as much as me. I do like the way it turned out though, hope you enjoy it, and it holds up well. How hard is that stuff to remove if say, someone wanted that original look? who knows maybe it will preserve it for 30 more yrs! lol

R-N-D
05-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Not really sure how it will come off. With a heat gun, I'm sure it'll be simple. Thanks for the compliments.

malibulvr
05-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Hey, good looking machine, nice to see you make it your own. I would rock that sucker hunting, lol

captainweezy
05-24-2012, 04:28 AM
I usually like the original machines too but it looks like you did a good job. I like it.

atc007
05-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Man,, I LOVE it. I guess it goes without saying,, I want them original. But that is a beautiful job ! I Love it! That must have taken ALL day at least? Racks,mudflaps etc.. NICE job.. And yes guys,,it WILL come right off with heat,and he has Preserved those fenders for another few years!

kb0nly
05-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I prefer the red plastics, aka Big Red, but i got to say.... That job you did had me thinking! That looks so so so nice. I want details, how hard is this stuff to work with and would you ever do it again or was it so hard its one of those once in a lifetime experiences?? LOL

It looks great though! The camo goes nicely with the black racks.

R-N-D
05-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I prefer the red plastics, aka Big Red, but i got to say.... That job you did had me thinking! That looks so so so nice. I want details, how hard is this stuff to work with and would you ever do it again or was it so hard its one of those once in a lifetime experiences?? LOL

It looks great though! The camo goes nicely with the black racks.

I would definitely do it again. It was a pain and the pictures make it look much, much nicer than if you see it in person. But, for the 1st time, not too bad. I would do it again though. I did it in stages so it wasn't so bad. As I went through the process, it became easier and I learned a few tricks. Plus, to have it done, some of the local places wanted $600 which is just criminal. I purchased the kit on Ebay for $70 which was an absolute steal. There is enough to do a UTV if I wanted to. Still have a few sheets left as well. It was an experience that is for sure. I also have a black rear rack bag to go onto it as well.

Dropkick66
05-25-2012, 12:52 PM
nice work. i have the same atc. i love it and i like your winch mount. does it seem sturdy enough on that mount?

R-N-D
05-25-2012, 01:43 PM
nice work. i have the same atc. i love it and i like your winch mount. does it seem sturdy enough on that mount?

It does seem plenty sturdy but to be honest, haven't tried it out yet. I know, shame on me. Hoping to soon. I like the looks of it so if I use it or not, not too concerned. Looks awesome and I just added the brush guards for the handlebars just the other day too.

R-N-D
05-30-2012, 11:59 PM
I appreciate the compliments and kind words. Looking to get it dirty now and use this winch. And, threw around the idea of maybe some larger tires and/or snorkel? Would like to try and bury this in the mud and some high water. Any thoughts?