PDA

View Full Version : 83 110

87 250SX
11-21-2003, 09:32 PM
Guy drooped of an Honda 83 110 today. Said he parked it and a wile ago well cleaned the crab a mess. Got it back together. It will not start. Has blue fire and plug is wet. Means its got fuel air and spark. Took plug out of one I know runs and still nothing wet plug. Tried to prime cylinder also no go. Is there a safety switch built in other than the on off. It’s in neutral. Also it shifts into first pushing down not up like the other Hondas I got is this rite. I’m lost tried everything I know only other thing is maybe the timing slipped or a valve is stuck open or closed but has good compression.

jdparsons1
11-22-2003, 01:44 AM
Im having the same problem with a 90. I just put new rings in and cleaned up the head. I've got pretty good compression. Good spark and im getting fuel. Plug is wet as well. Just won't fire. Im thinking its timing but i've gone through my clymer manual 50 times reading how to time both the valves and the ignition. It shouldn't be this hard!!!

Started off by putting piston at --> T on flywheel and putting the O on the cam sprocket on the marker on the head. Next I installed the cam with the lobes pointing toward the piston. Adjusted the valve clearance to .002. Like I said, it seems like the valve timing is right, seems more like it won't fire and it could be something to do with the ignition timing.

olive123
11-22-2003, 09:03 AM
had a similar problem. Dont forget if plug is too wet it CANT fire.
went through the carb and the secondary? jet was laying in the bowl.
it was pissing gas into the cylinder and flooding the engine....just a thought

87 250SX
11-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Im sure the jets are tite and clean, anything to do with the pilot screw. Ive tried to start it with the fuel off and the priming the cylender but didnt work maby i flooded it ill give it another try today LOL.

yater
11-22-2003, 03:18 PM
By the way, all four gears are down on the 83 110