PDA

View Full Version : Reproduction parts guys

jeswinehart
05-20-2012, 09:12 PM
In order to further promote those of us that offer reproduction parts and/or services related to maintain and/or improve, you will be receiving a mass mailing from Billy sometime this week. That mailing will be to those in the 3ww parts store already.
This posting is for both those in the 3ww parts store and for those that are not currently on board with it.
On awards night at TrikeFest meets there has always been a drawing table with parts donated by a ever growing number of folks. Basically it works like this, you show up at the awards, you get a drawing ticket.

Mosh's (Quasmic Quads) have had a certificate for seat recovery, Honorlaw has had decals + stickers and will be donating one of his custom 10 inch rims. I have bought a little something like tie down straps to put on the table and so on with other great folks.

I contacted HornetsPower (Justin) via e-mail + phone and as much as he would love to attend TrikeFest meets, farming is a 18 hour job, 7 days a week. He will eventually have his Tecate shrouds in store in the near future and gladly wanted to offer up a set of his reproduction parts for the door prize table. I felt fortunate I got to see Justin today, he was coming from one field to another checking irrigation pivots, on a trike of course.
I explained I am spearheading up the reproduction parts/services donations and will have a separate table to display all we do as well as have few words about support for those of us that make things, redesign things AND the support that is given by us towards others in the form of encouragement as well as tips and suggestions.
For those of you that would like to have something on the donation door prize table please PM me so we can communicate.
I don't believe I have ever put any of my hand made goods on that table before, this year will be different. I will have several of my reproduction parts as well as a certificate for a free Tecate fly wheel service upgrade with maybe like a good for one year on it.
Looking forward to hearing from you folks !

Thank you, john

falloutboy
05-21-2012, 12:56 AM
I am so first in line when those shrouds go on the store! :D

Eric250R
05-21-2012, 01:06 AM
I have a few things left over from my shop John, I'll go threw it when I get a chance and grab a few things to bring along.

jeswinehart
05-21-2012, 06:44 AM
I have a few things left over from my shop John, I'll go threw it when I get a chance and grab a few things to bring along.

Great, thanks Eric. Flossy is also in with the idea too:
John
You can put me down for 3 trx250r dash pads w/ plugs - 1 black, 1 red, and one blue....I may also have one of the new 200m/e/s pad covers as well.
James

200x350xtriz250
05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Hey John, I'm not a big fan of the pm communication but am interested in this. If you would be so kind and have the time I'd love communicate via email - my address is in my sig. Thanks

jeswinehart
05-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Hey John, I'm not a big fan of the pm communication but am interested in this. If you would be so kind and have the time I'd love communicate via email - my address is in my sig. Thanks

Absolutely Brad !
I spoke with sblt500r via pm's today and he is also wanting to offer up a few of his products for the reproduction table,,, he said he just ain't quite sure what yet.
For those of you unfamiliar with Shawn, he has been making simply dazzling parts for years now. I personally have no clue to what all he has in his library of custom hand made parts but I know it would make all the products I do look rather minuscule in number. Hopefully he will reintroduce his "catalog" for all of us (please) but untill then you can check out his FINE products in the 3ww parts store
Honorlaw is stepping it up. In addition to one of his shiny 10 inch rims, a couple of "discount" vouchers will also be availabe on the reproduction table
I seen dizasterfuns wheel w/tire mounted, very nice indeed.

jeswinehart
05-28-2012, 04:14 PM
I shudder to think about how much I would have had to pay, if I could find brand new part and the amount of time it would have taken to find such parts as Brand new + complete 84/85 Tecate wiring harness, brand new engine mounting brackets, brand new rear fender support, brand new oil filler cover PLUS a few more of Shawns parts store products coming for my build.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php/4789-sblt500r
Or a brand new Kawasaki Tecate 84/85 shifter HAND crafted by Ben. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php/24830-just-ben
My wife has taken too this work as well. She made the brand new chain sliders, uni-trak frame covers, shifter + kicker covers. I made the intake ( with wifes supervision on color).
Other then the Yamahondaman (RIP Ronnie) custom fork toppers.
When I said brand new, I mean BRAND new as in made this year, 2012. Not 25 year OLD stuff that had been kicking about, yep brand new stuff.
This build of mine is a slow build and won't be done anytime soon but what might rush me up a wee bit is the fact of the OTHER stuff I have purchased and want to get put on just so I can say ~ LOOK147515147516 what these folks are capable of.

captainweezy
05-29-2012, 05:39 PM
John, i have a fresh order of t-shirts i would throw a couple in. Also have a few new 85/86 250r parts i would be happy to donate. Hit me up or i will track you down at tf.

jeswinehart
05-29-2012, 05:52 PM
John, i have a fresh order of t-shirts i would throw a couple in. Also have a few new 85/86 250r parts i would be happy to donate. Hit me up or i will track you down at tf.

Excellent Captain ! We will definitely hook up at TF2012 (planned on it anyway). Thanks !

Blown 331
05-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Awesome. And speaking of the store. I was looking around there today and saw something I never saw before, and though I no longer need it I'm still pretty excited about it. A Polaris Scrambler rear brake cable! That is awesome. My 2nd Scrambler had a locked up rear brake cable and you need a rear brake to shift out of neutral when the bike is running. They are obsolete and the cable in the store is about $20 under Polaris MSRP, but you can't even get it anyway. I somehow ended up with 3 NOS cables so I'm probably good on them but it was pretty frusterating not being able to find one. I did find that Barnett would make the cable but by the time I ship them mine etc, its still more than the cable in the store. I have no idea where they came from but its great to see them.

Howdy
05-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Awesome. And speaking of the store. I was looking around there today and saw something I never saw before, and though I no longer need it I'm still pretty excited about it. A Polaris Scrambler rear brake cable! That is awesome. My 2nd Scrambler had a locked up rear brake cable and you need a rear brake to shift out of neutral when the bike is running. They are obsolete and the cable in the store is about $20 under Polaris MSRP, but you can't even get it anyway. I somehow ended up with 3 NOS cables so I'm probably good on them but it was pretty frusterating not being able to find one. I did find that Barnett would make the cable but by the time I ship them mine etc, its still more than the cable in the store. I have no idea where they came from but its great to see them.

It took a BUNCH of work and time to get these cables. I figured with all the P3's poping up lately I might as well offer them to others. I would love to cut the price back, but that is right at what I have in them. Going to have some more goodies soon as well.
Howdy

I think you and me own almost 1/2 the P3's on the site. LOL

jeswinehart
05-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Each and every one of the folks here on 3ww making parts, myself included, all share one very common denominator ~ we all needed a nice part and could NOT find the combination of nice and affordable.
Howdy needed at least one rear brake cable (probably more), Hornetspower wanted a nice set of shrouds and head light bezel, I needed a good intake boot,,,,, on and on in each and every case it all started with "I need".
Here is another perfect example of a fella who simply wanted some nice tank shrouds for his machine.
His board name is 200X350Xtriz250. I received in mail today Brads donation to the awards table and in particular, the reproduction parts section of the awards table.
I just happen to have a 86/87 Honda ATC 200X tank on my front porch and look at the fitment ! PERFECT !
Brad, along with each and every one of us "needed" a particular part only to find when oem NOS or very nice did come along, it came with a silly price too.
Brad, like all of us looked at it differently, done the research and then took the next big step in spending some very serious money so as to be able to have his very nice parts and to make them in such a manner the average working person could afford them, in COLORS never available before.
Available in the 3ww parts store > http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/productdetails.php?productid=35
Nice job Brad. I like the pink, the Mrs. likes the platinum colors !

jeswinehart
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Howdy is stepping up to the plate as well with a item he needed for his Polaris 3 wheeler that is no long available new.
There will be 1 or 2 of these on the reproduction table in a couple of colors.
Nice job Howdy, here is a picture of it on my P-3. I finally got something to replace that after thought POS thing that had been on mine since day I got it.

Blown 331
06-08-2012, 08:08 PM
It took a BUNCH of work and time to get these cables. I figured with all the P3's poping up lately I might as well offer them to others. I would love to cut the price back, but that is right at what I have in them. Going to have some more goodies soon as well.
Howdy

I think you and me own almost 1/2 the P3's on the site. LOL

Yeah we've got a few of them between the 2 of us! I think the price on the cables look great. Who can argue with 20 dollars under msrp on an obsolete part.
I can't wait for your emblems to come up for sale, I'll likely take a shift knob is well.

Flossyb20
06-08-2012, 08:35 PM
John, I'll also be bringing a few of the 200m/e/es headlight grommets with me to TF, just put them in the store last week, and near impossible to find in good shape!

kb0nly
06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
And those grommets are the cats arse.... Great job on those!

jeswinehart
06-09-2012, 06:49 AM
John, I'll also be bringing a few of the 200m/e/es headlight grommets with me to TF, just put them in the store last week, and near impossible to find in good shape!

So you ARE coming to TF2012 (?) ~ GREAT !

jeswinehart
06-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Looking thru every item which I have not done since its conception I come across a Tecate primary chain case cover with built in case saver.
Further investigation I see it is made by sblt500r. Somehow that don't surprise me in the least.
Shawn has been making high quilty parts for for many different machines both trike + quad for many years now.
So I come home to a rather large package from Mr.Bosh and LOOK what all he sent for the awards/drawing table ! I know this is just a small sampling of his products/capabilties list,,,, some of which i have purchased in past for my tecate builds.
Pictured is: Kawasaki A-1/A-2 O.E.M. complete reproduction wiring harness, same for Kawasaki B-1 1986 Kawasaki Tecate complete O.E.M. reproduction wiring harnes.
Yamaha Tri-Z BOOST bottle expertly hand made to HIGH shine competition,
Tee-totally custom bling dip sticks for 83/84/85 ATC Honda 200X, same for the ATC 350X - custom dip stick, better then O.E.M. tri-Z fuel line tee, custom ATC350 engine mounting spacers, 84/85 Kawasakin Tecate rear fender brace (very nice, I have bought 2 so far).
Just a small assortment of Shawns products, look him up under sblt500r !

jeswinehart
06-11-2012, 10:50 PM
My part for my project :)

Flossyb20
06-11-2012, 11:14 PM
So you ARE coming to TF2012 (?) ~ GREAT !
As long as this rocket launches on the 18th or 19th...I'll be there!

jeswinehart
06-18-2012, 05:56 PM
This is how it is shaping up. I wanted to show you folks now since I have not taken a camera to a TrikeFest meet for several years.
I am sure I will need to add to the list of folks already on there, taking more poster board for that.
I will be saying a little something at the awards ceremony about the folks who make parts but not being the over winded type of talker, it will be along the lines of "remember those that make stuff, pass along their names if you know someone looking for parts".
Besides, there is NO way I could possibly write out all different things each + every one makes/services.
Take Cosmic Quads for example ~ http://www.cosmicquads.com/ LOOK at all the stuff Tammy + Rob do !
sblt500r, incredible talent to make anything IMO
If we could only get Pantera (Jeff) to stop making beautiful tractors for a spell and get a trike product going :) and that question mark in green behind Tappers name - I have been trying to get him to take one of my Tecates home to fab up skid plates like he makes 350X trikes, for a long time now.
Thanks to each and every one of you on that poster !

john