PDA

View Full Version : It's been a Heck of a Longtime!

Jeb
05-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Hello boys, I'm back! That's if anyone remembers me. It's been years since I posted. I still have my trikes, but I have recently added another 85 250R and just last week... drum roll please ... an 86 350X!

The X runs good and starts good but looks like 9 kinds of hell. It has faded red Maier fenders instead of white ones and a white plastic tank, that I think is oversized. Anyway I'm going to need some parts and I'm not sure where the "classifieds" section went with this new format, well new format since the last time I posted. This 350X will be a fun project to work on this summer with the goal being to get it back to a nice looking rider. I'm liking the 4-stroke motor, its a nice change.

Xowner
05-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Welcome back sir!

yaegerb
05-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Holy oxidization batman! I thought those fenders were pink at first!

Welcome back!

Trackburger
05-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Welcome back!!! Looks like you have quite the collection of NICE looking Trikes!!!!

honda200x1987
05-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Welcome Back! Nice project you have there, those 350's are meaner than hell. I guess alot of members are inactive these days, we have over 20,000 but I see no more than 100 logged on at a time. I'm a junkie so you can bet I'm on here once a day atleast but we all have other things to do sometimes. Anyway I am sure you can get the parts you need here, post some pics when it's done!

MIK6
05-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Welcome back jeb.. nice to see another oldtimer back on the site.. someone thats been around as long as i have.. lol

MIK6/ Mike

Jeb
05-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Thanks brothers! LOL, yeah the plastic is faded to pink! Reminds of an ad that used to be in old ATV mags, was something about "The Girls in Pink" race team. I think they might have had a 350X too! I'll have to thumb through my old mags and refresh my memory. Speaking of back in the day, these fenders and shrouds are so faded, they may be from the 80s! Thank goodness the head-light housing isn't!! The front end is thrashed, of course you see the seat is "mint." ;-) The rear brakes don't work and the front just barely. But the motor and frame have cleaned up pretty well and it's all there, less the engine skid plate, exhaust pipe guard and parking brake cable and some of its pieces!

Again, I like it and am proud as heck of the ugly SOB. I should know better than to say this, but thumb throttles suck. LOL!

Yeah I started on this board back before the turn of the century (LOL!) in the ThreeWheelio days. (RIP Wheelio.) I guess in 99 or 2000 and there was just a handful of members. It's come a long way! I know what you mean about junkie, I posted a lot and checked daily for many, many years. I guess my last posts were around 07 or 08. Time flies.

Jeb
05-17-2012, 12:49 AM
What's up Mike! Good to see you're still around! You too Xowner! :-D

I feel like I've come full circle! Like the old days, up later than I should be & reading 3WW! :-)

xrider
05-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Welcome back Jeb. Would love to see some current pics of your Z when you get a chance.

Louis Mielke
05-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Good to see you Jeb! We need oldie members to come back and post up more often!

xman2rman
05-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Hey neighbor, good to see you back. I used to be Xman on here back in the ThreeWheelio days. I think there’s a pic of my 86 350X on the first few pages of the Readers Rides but I sold it when I got all off in to the 250R’S. I think I bought my first parts R from you back around 2000-01?

Billy Golightly
05-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Jeb! Long time no see! I was jsut browsing the moderator list the other day and seen your name and was thinking to myself that I hadn't seen you around in years and was wondering what you were up to now adays! The classifieds are still around, its a private forum now (You should have access though, 2 forums under Trikesylvania). Glad to have you back around, definitely one of the 3WW Originals!

oscarmayer
05-17-2012, 11:43 AM
welcome back sir!

Howdy
05-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Hey Jeb, Long time no chat. Sure do miss those old days of us having fun. Hopefully you will visit more often. ;)
Howdy

tmecars
05-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Jeb!!!
What are you up to, Man??? How's the family? It hAs definitely been a loooong time! Good to see you're still into trikes.

Jeb
05-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks to all of you guys for the welcome back!

T! How the heck are you, man! Good to hear from you! All's well with everyone out my way, thanks! Hope all is good in your world. Yeah I'm still into the trikes. See you still are too, but from your sig, you got rid of the tri-cart? That thing was cool!

Billy and Howdy, good to hear from you guys! Yall have really updated this site and are still keepin on keepin on I see! :-) Howdy, you look tired in your avatar! ;-)

Thanks Louise Mielke, good to see you still around here as well!

Xman2Rman, I remember you as Xman! Sorry man, I never sold a parts R though. Must have been someone else. I've still got the only two I've ever owned. I sold an 85 Tecate parts bike and parted out my red 84 Tecate a long time ago which I wish I had never done.

Here it is, xrider. These pics are pretty recent, within the last 6 months. Hadn't done a thing to it in the last few years except put a K&N filter and prefilter on it. Still running, take it out every now and then.

Howdy
05-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Howdy, you look tired in your avatar! ;-)

Same ole me, burning the candle at both ends and in the middle. LOL
Howdy

Jeb
05-17-2012, 11:41 PM
LOL! I hear ya, man. It's sure good to hear from yall again! :-)