PDA

View Full Version : I did something to make the Trike Gods VERY happy................

Trackburger
05-15-2012, 08:26 PM
.........I just dont know what it was, but it must have done something good....... After picking up an 85 350X for $305 last week, I managed to bring this 85 250R home for a mere $800 !!! Runs like a scalded ape, needs a good cleaning and some rear caliper work, but other than that its ready to go!!!!! I think once I get the 350X together I'm going to do a full on resto on this thing too. SOOOOOOOOOOO Dang Happy right now my cheeks hurt from smiling!!!!!!!!!!:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

I have had many Trikes and Quads over the years.... sold them off to cover other expenses etc.... but I'm finally at a place in my life where I can afford to have the toys I work so hard for and still be comfortable, so needless to say..... These 85 twins will be side by side for as long as i have anything to do with it!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Anyone know anything about the foot pegs?? I've never seen them with the extension on them, was it a Honda option or homemade???

Guess I can update my Sig!!!;)

RIDE-RED 250r
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Awesome score brother!

Those peg extensions kind of look factory to me. But I really don't know if they are or not. It's just that the extension material and peg material seems to have aged equally...

350XJEDI
05-15-2012, 08:42 PM
:cool:YOU'VE GOT THE TOP 2, must have done something right!!:rolleyes: watch out they multipy fast after the first 2:naughty:,ENJOY the gods bounty:D:Bounce:Bounce

250rs-neva-die
05-16-2012, 11:06 AM
I have those same extensions on one of my R's. Wonder if a company produced them back in the day? Thought they were home made as well but now that I see yours just makes me think. They are the exact same.

ATC-Eric
05-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Wow what a great score!

Mosh
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah..800 is a steal.

Those were aftermarket peg extensions, that could either bolt on, or weld on. They still make them to this day. A few machines i have owned have had them on there.

http://www.jlatvproducts.com/

Scroll down to left side and select footpeg extenders.

swampthang
05-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Steller deal man! Its a good feeling to walk into your garage and see the 2 fastest trikes Honda has made just sitting there isn't it? I suggest adding a 200x to your collection too!:lol:

Trackburger
05-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Steller deal man! Its a good feeling to walk into your garage and see the 2 fastest trikes Honda has made just sitting there isn't it? I suggest adding a 200x to your collection too!:lol:

Too funny, I was actually looking at a 200X before the 250R popped up....LOL Might have to go back and see if its still there....LOL My wifes gonna KILL me!!!! But its worth it!!!!

Glad to hear some one else has the extensions, I can deal with aftermarket....not so much if its home made. I think I will clean them up and put them away, I like the look of the stock ones better. Have you had any experiances with yours like getting in the way, or have they come in useful in a situation???

Yes it does feel good walking out there seeing them, just wish the 350X was back together!!!! Working on it though. Going to be even better to walk out and see them both fresh minty restored sie by side!!!!! I literally got up out of bed last night to open the door from the house to the garage to take a peek at it!!!!!! :)

dirtjunkie85
05-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Very good score on that one. That R looks immaculate for just $800! Good find, I would keep those babies for as long as you live knowing you did good.

threewheelin-feelin
05-16-2012, 05:36 PM
man where did you find that? i look on the local craigslist daily and never saw that...it would be at my house if i did lol

Trackburger
05-16-2012, 09:49 PM
It was on Craigslist last week around Thursday in Chesapeake.... I called the guy a few times but always went to voicemail. I figured it was gone until he finally returned a call on Saturday morning. He said it was "pretty much" sold and someone was comming to pick it up Sat night, but if it fell through he'd call. Needless to say he called as there was a typical "craigslist no show", so i hopped in my truck and went right over. He was asking $1000 but the back brakes dont work, and the rear rims are painted gold yada yada, nothing major, but enough of an arguing point to lower the price. I'm not sure yet if its the MC or the calliper but needless to say I talked him down to 800 and was a happy camper. I know what you mean though I see some bikes go up and then gon in no time.

threewheelin-feelin
05-16-2012, 10:49 PM
yeah man i never saw this bike and i thought i had all the search words figured out for 3wheelers lol

Trackburger
05-16-2012, 11:27 PM
yeah man i never saw this bike and i thought i had all the search words figured out for 3wheelers lol

LOL, I thought I was the only one that sat at the computer and typed in all kinds of combos trying to find that hidden gem!!!! Surprisingly i typed Honda 250R and there she was!!!!!! Go figure!!!

threewheelin-feelin
05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
damn man yeah i have about 8 different combos i type pretty much daily lol