PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used a manual type impact driver?

Tri-Z Pilot
11-21-2003, 06:49 AM
I dont have the money for an electric or air type driver right now, and I was wondering how the manual type would work so I could get my Idle gear off to replace my leaky tri-z crank seal.

wolfspider
11-21-2003, 08:33 AM
can you put a rag between cogs to jam them and then undo using regular wrench? just a thought.
i used a 12v wheel wrench for mine it was about £20 should be available in the states.

Tri-Z Pilot
11-21-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey another thing, when I had my clutch cover off, my shifter pedal lost its clicking, and its return, and someone said something about the shiftfork coming off the shift star, can I fix that without taking the clutch basket off, because that is what I am going to have to use an impact driver on.

TimSr
11-21-2003, 09:47 AM
The shift shaft probably just got pushed out. The side case holds it in. Push the shift shaft from the shifter side into the motor, and when it moves freely, look in on the clutch side at the other end. There is a spring with two legs hooked to the end of the shift shaft. Position it so the knub on the shifter is in the middle of the spring legs, and push it back in. When the sidecover is reinstalled it will hold it in place.

250rAL
11-21-2003, 10:35 AM
I had one years ago and it never worked. It was a cheapy so maybe that's why. It would make me nervous pounding on motor parts with it.

gasoline and whiskey
11-21-2003, 11:42 AM
I have one that works great, I think the trick is to use one with good quality bits/sockets to avoid stripping, mine was around $25 at Sears.

jeswinehart
11-21-2003, 06:25 PM
are you fellas talking about the kind that you whack with a hammer to break loose nuts + screws that are to tight for normal removel ???

john

atcmatt
11-21-2003, 08:38 PM
They are very useful and I have used it several times on my trike :-D