PDA

View Full Version : couple latest project.

Jim mac
05-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I posted these over on .org, but thought I'd throw them on here too.
1st one is a 85 200X. this thing showed up on craiglist for 50 bucks with a dismantled motor, no brakes, exh. cdi etc. I got the idea to trade my atc70 project for a 185 or 200S project that I could harvest the motor from. Well plans change. This guy brings over a 82 185S without rear plastics but otherwise complete. I spend some time cleaning the carb and it fired right up! just needs a handle to rear brake cable. headlight even worked. So instead of killing a perfectly good trike, I went to my buddies and bought a used rear fender, and a rust free gas tank and seat for 75 bucks. So the 185S is now a runnner and looks okay.
Back to the 200X. While out getting the 185 parts, I asked about 200X parts. he had a motor with compression for 100 bucks. I figured why not. there was also a aftermarket plastic tank, front fender 2 new kenda vipers and front brake master cylinder and hose. Price $195. I had the cdi, and the rest of the rear brake parts. I did buy a rebuild kit for the rear mastercylinder. I had a resivoir for the front master cyl. Spend hours trying to get it to spark and then found out the prevous owner used the wrong bolt for the upper tensioner so the timing chain was loose, and cam was out of time. Got that straightened out. now the 200x has both brakes, runs great (no smoke) I did have to buy a uni filter for it and the 185. I had a curtis sparks exhaust and the missing foot peg. for the 200X.
So here they sit, both running. Probably order up a new seat cover for the 185 and sand the plastics. Not sure if im going to keep them, but if I get rid of them, hopefully they go to a good home and not end up being parted out.
The other trikes we have is 3 atc70's. jim146853146854146855146856