PDA

View Full Version : F*&^ing after-market parts don't fit..I know, we told you so!!!

dougspcs
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
So I decided to take a bit of time on this quiet rainy day and reassemble my 225DR after the piston/bore job.

All things are going together pretty well then I go to drop the head gasket onto the dowel pins and guess what..don't fit.

Piss me off..wasted my time and now I have to order a replacement(OEM of course)!!

I hear everyone snickering..we told him so again and again. So alright..I learned my lesson finally!!

But just the same I didn't order a cheap white box set of gaskets..I thought Vesrah was pretty good.

Doesn't anyone take any pride in their product anymore?? Is 'close to spec' supposed to be good enough?? Why bother making it at all if the buyer is just gonna return it??

I looked the company up..no point in calling Japan. I might as well bltch alittle here at least it will be heard by someone who can avoid making my mistake!

hoosierlogger
05-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I hear ya. I bought another 70. Tore into the top end of it cause it was leaking massive amounts of oil into the cylinder. The PO had put in aftermarket valves and there was something like .021 clearance in the valve and guide. The shafts on the valves were horrible undersized.

fabiodriven
05-07-2012, 01:04 PM
It's a shame that this is what the world we live in has come too. You see it all too often these days.

Head gaskets are one of those items I buy OEM and nothing else. It is far too critical of a part to leave up to some shoddy manufacturing.

Rockman
05-07-2012, 01:10 PM
As Neil Young says "You pay for this and they give you that."

RM

atc007
05-07-2012, 01:12 PM
As someone who has been doing this 24 years. I don't like Vesrah. Having said that.. they should fit?? Is it a 200 Head gasket,,,which I believe is the same as 225 anyhow.. Motion Pro cables,,,EVERY single one . Has to be filed,,throttle,clutch ,they never fit just right.. But it sounds like the wrong one was in your package.. Sorry to hear it Doug.

dougspcs
05-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Problem is solved..vendor I bought the kit from is going to refund me for the price of the OEM headgasket ($21+tax) since the rest of the gasket set seems to be fine.

Lesson learned.

hoosierlogger
05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Awesome, I know that doesn't help get your bike together any faster, but It is a step in the right direction.

Dirtcrasher
05-07-2012, 05:13 PM
I've had great experiences with Vesrah; But I too try to get the OEM gasket.

oscarmayer
05-07-2012, 06:19 PM
yea i have not had that issue before with vesrah, but sounds like you got a bad or wrong gasket in the kit. Sorry man. :(

hillbilly 200x
05-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I always get that same problem with vesrah head gasket, they never line up right.