PDA

View Full Version : 350x bearing question

labs4life
05-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I have discovered a pin hole in the gas tank and have to coat it...that leads me to replace the bearings while it is down. Does anyone have a good list of all the bearings that should be replaced. I am doing all, whether they need it or not....I am sure they need it!! Front, rear and the swing arm, just want to order all the parts at one time, so I am not reordering and wasting time.

Recommendations on supplier is a big plus as well!!

Yamaha_Rules69
05-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Front and rear axle bearings I like Parts Unlimited. For the steering stem and swingarm bearings, all balls. Those are the only chassis bearings you will have to replace, with the steering stem being the hardest IMO.

Jason125m
05-05-2012, 09:46 PM
If you want another 25 years, go with OEM. If you want two years, go with all balls.

hillbilly 200x
05-05-2012, 09:58 PM
There is nothing wrong with buying after market bearings. The only differences is that the after market bearing dont get enought greae put in them when they arew made. I have used"cheap" bearings in just about ever bike i own and i have never had a bearing fail because of how or where it was made. I do agree that all the bearings should be degreases and packed with a good wheel bearind grease or replaced when not in good working order.

labs4life
05-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the replies guys....I will get to ordering parts!!