PDA

View Full Version : What's a better tire? Turf Tamers or Fast Trekkers?

swampthang
05-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm wanting to get a new set of back tires for my 350x. I think I have it down to the 2 I want but can't decide between the 2. I'm looking to stay at the 20" tire size I have. I think this is the best all around tire size for play racing and trail riding. Still have a decent amount of top end and acceleration with a 20" tire.

I have never owned or rode on a set of Turf Tamers but I have heard great things about them. I know they are a very lite tire mostly due to the ply. I would be riding trails with this bike to get to the areas in the woods we like to play race on (mostly hardpack or loose sand bars). Would this tire provide enough traction to get me there? I try to stay out of the mud with it, but would need the traction to get up hillclimbs and creek banks.

2nd tire. The Fast Trekker. I have had this tire on my 400ex and loved it. It slid when you wanted to and hooked up when you wanted it to. But that was the old tread design not the new designed tire they sell now.

How do these tires compare? What would be the better tire from the 2? Also what would be the advantage if I went to a 10" wheel?