PDA

View Full Version : better 23 inch tire

denn
05-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Just looking for a quick compare on 23 in tires. The cst ambush, is that mainly a track tire or is it ok in rough trails as well. It look more geared for the track. I was thinking of going witht the maxxis m937 lynx radial. It seems like it would perform well. Looks more trail friendly. Oh, this is going on a TRI Z. Anyone have any expierence with the 2 tires here? i did a search but really couldn't get much info. Any will help. Thanks

zmpolaristech
05-01-2012, 11:16 PM
I run both... The cst on my race bike, and the lynx on my trail bike. The cst is a good tire in either condition, racing or trails. The lynx is NOT a race tire..., but works real well in the woods and loose pack stuff. Also, the lynx wears faster , being a softer compound. I like both tires realy...

Mosh
05-02-2012, 07:16 AM
The Itp or Carlisle 489 is a nice trail tire also. At last check you could get it in a 23x12

TimSr
05-02-2012, 07:49 AM
I had a 25" 489 for a while on my Trail Z and didn't really care for it, but it was pre-Carlisle, maybe Titan? It was too narrow, and too light, and too short. Mark borrowed the rim and repalced it with a brand new 25" Carlisle Trail Wolf which i really like for trails. I much prefer the 25" for a trail tire. If you find it too tall, you can slide the forks tubes up about an inch.

My racer has a Dunlop 23" KT401 I think, with the same tread pattern as the Trial Wolf but slightly softer compound. Its nice on the track, but I's rather have the 25" on the rocky, hilly, woods trails of SE Ohio, especially when coupled with 22" rears.

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/1286820/045-L.jpg

andersonee4
05-02-2012, 09:02 AM
cst is a good cheap tire

zzmegad
05-02-2012, 02:06 PM
the cst is awesome, it works great all around and it looks mean

denn
05-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the input. i went with the CST tire. It was 80 bucks delivered from dennis kirk and it will be here on Friday just in time for my weekend ride. I went to the lost trails last weekend for the poker run and man I'll tell you what, that is some rough riding. My front tire was bald and I couldn't handle to well in the turns. I figured i need to freshen it up a bit after that. I was sore a hell for 2 days. Thanks again.