PDA

View Full Version : What is This Originally Supposed to Look Like?

coolpool
04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
This poor skid plate was beaten up badly on my 73. I straightened it up to get the sandblasting and welding done. Now I'd like to see an example of what one is supposed to look like if possible. A good description of where the plate bends near the foot peg holes would help too, and does that left side shield bend in slightly? The picture on the Service Honda site doesn't help much, too vague.

hublake
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
In your second picture that part that is laying out straight with the bottom should be bent up some to protect the exhaust pipe. I will go down to my shop and get a picture of the one I just put on my 73. I think it will be easier to understand. Also that little round tube like thing sticking out, there should be another one on the back.

hublake
04-26-2012, 11:53 AM
145727145728Here are a couple pictures of mine. It better shows it than I tried to explain in my last post.

coolpool
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks a million Hub, that explains alot! I didn't realize it was bent at an angle to match the pipe and that wing piece, if you will, was spot welded to the bottom. I seen the missing tube from the service honda site picture; I just don't know if it's the same length as the other one. A little trial and error won't hurt. It appears that your skid plate has see some rough service too!

hublake
04-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Glad to be of some help. My skid plate had seen better days also.