PDA

View Full Version : Nos atc forks

honda200x1987
04-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Back in '09 I purchased at set of NIB NOS 86-87 200X forks/boots with axle/spacers from a "Dave" and Cole George from California, they had many of these for several model ATC's . I have tried several times to get back in touch with them for the past year but no luck until yesterday. I always wondered where they had got these and if they had anymore, so here i asked them a few questions.. Did these forks come from a crated ATC? Do you have anymore? He responded:: "In 1987 there was a consent decree signed by all manufaturers to destroy all remaining unsold parts/bikes. This inventory was found from an old man who has a 52 FT trailer full of 200X 250R 250X brand new old stock still in their boxes untouched. He hasn't talked to the old man in 2 years but he will give him a call. Anyways.. that's a ton of forks! WOW! It makes you wonder what else is out there and are there anymore tractor trailers of parts or even crated 3 wheelers that no one knows about? This really makes me wonder,, Below is a pictue forks/boots/axle/spacers I bought for the 87 200X last month, this is the same set that Dave was selling 2 years ago ...

RIDE-RED 250r
04-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Daaaaaaaannnnnggggg! :drool:

It sure does make one wonder.....

JJMF1979
04-20-2012, 09:57 PM
oh you have to let us know what happens with this and hook us up with some contact info when the time comes, that would be like striking gold

honda200x1987
04-20-2012, 10:27 PM
I will let you guys know if I hear back from them, it's apparant that he is buying them at a fair price from the old man and selling them @ $300. I wouldn't mind buying from a "middle man" concidering i paid Dave $230 shipped for the 86-87 forks but that was back in "09. One would not make a profit buying and reselling these but they would be great for us guys doing a restoration unless you actually bought them from the old man but who knows who he is. If you have a 1986-87 200X this is the way to go concidering the OEM fork boots are almost impossible to find.
oh you have to let us know what happens with this and hook us up with some contact info when the time comes, that would be like striking gold

mohadib
04-20-2012, 11:53 PM
really blows that people agreed to destory atc/atc parts because some fat druken rednecks arent smart enough to be trusted with an ATC. Sucks ass :(

bkm
04-21-2012, 12:01 AM
I would be interested in a set of 250r forks if there still there.

350XJEDI
04-21-2012, 01:34 AM
:mad: it was not fat drunken rednecks that caused the ban !! rednecks know how to ride any danm machine out there in the MUD and have fun doin it !!:D drunk or not :eek:, it was politics and the danm fun police!!:mad: stupid people will get hurt no matter what machine is involved and usuelly its NOT the machines fault!!!:rolleyes::cool::cool::beer:beer:w00t: trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro theres lots of undiscoverd treasures out there!!!!

murfman
04-21-2012, 10:19 AM
really blows that people agreed to destory atc/atc parts because some fat druken rednecks arent smart enough to be trusted with an ATC. Sucks ass :(

Actually what REALLY sucks it that the Government sticks it head on to "protect" idiots. This is what caused the demise of the Corvair, the Jeep CJ, it is also why their are warning labels on a cup of coffee because the contents are "Hot" And how much more do new cars cost because of all the mandated safety equipment like tire pressure monitors, and now stability control.

honda200x1987
04-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Well guys , I have Dave's contact info: lvmotorpig2003@yahoo.com , He also has an eBay acct contact info: allforkedup ,, It would probbaly be best if you contacted Dave with his yahoo acct. .

Dirtcrasher
04-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Just this winter and spring, I have seen all 3 of the Honda forks for 250$ BIN

Sometimes I get them, other times people drive the bid up.

But, there certainly allot of them out there.....

200xman123
04-22-2012, 01:56 PM
rednecks arnt always fat and drunk ! rednecks know how to ride it was the city slickers that didnt know how to ride