PDA

View Full Version : Got my first 70 today!

GTO
04-20-2012, 01:42 AM
I heard about a guy that had a ATC70 about a mile away from where I stay that was thinking about selling.
I had wanted to get one in the next few years for my daughter(she already thinks she can ride it) but seeing she is only 2 1/2 I wasn't in a hurry.
Any way I picked it up for the equivalent of $250.
The guy reckoned the previous owner had cut off:mad: the front mud guard because of the bent forks.
To me the forks don't seem bent, found a thread on the 3wheeler.org site about straightening a bent frame which seems to be the problem.:wondering
Its an 84, he said it was running 2 years ago so when I get a chance I will clean the carb and change the oil I try and get it running.
Then I will strip it and begin a full restoration.
My trike collection is growing fast in less than 2 years I now have 4 200ES restored and 1 for parts, 1 200E that needs to be restored and 2 for parts + 1 84 ATC70.:D
On my wish list is a 200X(which is what I was planning on getting next so buying this 70 has set me back a bit)

CRAZY70MAN
04-20-2012, 05:57 AM
priceless pictures!!! Great find. The forks and or the frame neck appear bent, no biggie if you found the repair thread on a site. Are 3 wheelers rare in your country?? Just wondered...... Those pics stir up old memories of my daughter years ago on the 70's. Looks to be a very solid trike. Good luck....

oldtime3wheeler
04-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Nice 70 you got there. I agree with Crazy that the frame looks bent. Just take the gas tank off and you will see the bend. My son was 4 when he got his 70. Those pics bring back good memories.

Jon Boy
04-20-2012, 02:29 PM
yeah, bending the frame back isn't too bad and the fender is mounted too high also. looks real good though and the look on her face is priceless. :lol:

got to ask what's up with those upturned pieces on the outside of the heelguards? those look pretty awesome on there. :beer mind showing a better pic of those?

GTO
04-20-2012, 04:25 PM
priceless pictures!!! Great find. The forks and or the frame neck appear bent, no biggie if you found the repair thread on a site. Are 3 wheelers rare in your country?? Just wondered...... Those pics stir up old memories of my daughter years ago on the 70's. Looks to be a very solid trike. Good luck....
Yes trikes are pretty rare here, ours is a very small market so not many were sold here.
I came across my first ATC250R the other day and I have yet to see one advertised for sale.
200X I have seen 2 for sale in 2 years and have yet to see a 250ES for sale, not sure if they were ever sold here. The guy that showed me his 250R is older than me and has been into trikes for years, he doesn't recall them selling the 250ES and 350x here. The ATC70 I have seen few afvertised before.
Funny thing is the ATC 70 doesn't have a high resale value yet the Z50 mini trail 2 wheelers( we have 2 in the family) have very high resale values.
The pieces of rubber on the rear fenders seem to have been stuck there to hide cracks that have been repaired.

tulsamike3434
04-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Nice lil 70 ya got there!

rodeofan5656
04-20-2012, 07:12 PM
nice lookin little 70! i was lookin at one in similar shape for $675 here in Wichita, but the price is too high. the forks are bent on it like yours. i kinda like the look of that trimmed front fender though

GTO
04-22-2012, 01:45 PM
got to ask what's up with those upturned pieces on the outside of the heelguards? those look pretty awesome on there. :beer mind showing a better pic of those?

Here is a close up pic.

Jon Boy
04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
i've never seen those before, thanks for posting the pic GTO. :beer

very cool, they do look to be made for the ATC70 or TRX70. definitely not a home job IMO.