PDA

View Full Version : removing tri-z clutch boss

Tri-Z Pilot
11-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Do you need a clutch holding tool to remove a clutch boss, or is there some little trick that can be done?

davham
11-18-2003, 09:29 PM
So, did you get the primary gear off yet? If so, this one will present yet another challenge.

TimSr
11-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Get a cheap impact. It will pay for itself a million times over, and will asnwer most of your posts for you at the same time! You wrap a rag around the basket, and hold it with your hand, and the impact will take the nut right off. The primary gear nut will come right off as well, without having to stick anything in the teeth. By the way, I have a zig-zag penny that passed right through the teeth before I got my impact.

Tri-Z Pilot
11-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Do you mean an electric impact wrench? I dont have the money for a pneumatic one right now (dont you need an air compressor?)

TimSr
11-18-2003, 10:26 PM
You need an air compressor for the pnumatic ones. I think I paid $15 for mine, new, Taiwan special on Ebay. If you dont have a compressor, they have electric ones similarly priced, and a few guys on the board have electric ones, and are happy with them as well.