PDA

View Full Version : who says you cant load two fullsize trikes in the back of a ranger

muthey
04-14-2012, 09:46 PM
took a ytm 225 dx and a honda 185s out to our local riding place in my little ford ranger. we were riding through a creek bottom and I have to admit the only reason I got kinda stuck in one place that the other guy wouldn't try with his honda is because I had me and my wife on mine for a total of 350lbs 220 for me and 130 for the wife. And even then we got off and I turned it around in the mud and rode it out. Had a blast and the trikes show it. Unfortunately I left the camera in the truck but am planning on getting some spy glasses so I can show some of my riding places, and some of our monster hills we have. Enjoy the pics. Brandon145041145042145043

Chazz of Blades
04-14-2012, 11:37 PM
That's nothing! I have a pictured saved that was posted here. Five trike in a regular little Ranger. Literally hanging off in all directions. That'd be SCARY to follow behind!

kristofrogers
04-15-2012, 12:19 AM
hahaha Love pics like this! That's how its done!

torker
04-15-2012, 12:24 AM
When its time to ride, anything goes... LOL

TORKER.

hoosierlogger
04-15-2012, 04:47 AM
A guy wanted to trade me a 250R for me 200x one time. He showed up with it in the back of a Jeep Wrangler. The forks were ratchet strapped to the front seats, and the back tires were hanging out the back of it.

muthey
04-15-2012, 08:00 AM
I am trying wrap the thought of five trikes piled into a ranger, and it's not a pretty sight. lol I cant wait to finish my green dodge you see in the background of the pics finished up so I can start hauling a trailer and load three trikes in it plus coolers and bbq. We are going to start doing some camping trips this year with all my trikes and a friend of mines trikes and yzf 250 dirtbike for a good 3 day trip.

Howdy
04-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I am trying wrap the thought of five trikes piled into a ranger, and it's not a pretty sight. lol I cant wait to finish my green dodge you see in the background of the pics finished up so I can start hauling a trailer and load three trikes in it plus coolers and bbq. We are going to start doing some camping trips this year with all my trikes and a friend of mines trikes and yzf 250 dirtbike for a good 3 day trip.

For TF last year: I have a 6 1/2 ft bed on my F150. I put 2 Polaris Scramblers ( these are large machines ), 2 atc 70's, 86 125m on back. The bed has a side toolbox mounted in it as well. 2hr drive with NO issues.

Another time at TF we loaded 4-5 machines in a 88 Ford Ranger. Yes there are pictures of both loads out there.

Years ago we loaded a trailer for TF. There was like 15-17 machines on it. It was called the TF Express. Some people use their trucks / trailers. Some use them to their MAX capacity. I'm told I am on the "Max" end of it. LOL

Pic of the Trailer:

atc300r
04-15-2012, 09:38 AM
I thought I did well with a quad and 250r in the back of a Isuzu pickup.And 2 250rs in a s10.But you beat me by a long shot.When you want to ride nothing gets in the way.Iv heard of people strapping trikes to the tops of cars before.

muthey
04-15-2012, 09:42 AM
oh my god now that's bringing the whole family there lol. I just don't like my machines perpendicular like that. I always get the thought of oil going into the wrong places in my mind, like a car upside down for a few hours. now I know that the machines are nicely sealed and that won't happen but it's just one of those things stuck in my head.