PDA

View Full Version : messing with X

110klt
04-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Yeah had the day off and I decided to mess around a little with the 200X I bought the other day. Yeah I know I am needing a clutch and parts are on order, but she is still ridable. So I pulled the carb off cleaned her up and re adjusted it, wow now you don't have to have the idle speed screw cranked up to make her idle, now she is nice and smooth.

For the next item under my craw is the exhaust. someone has a stock pipe and pulled the end out of it, so it's pretty loud and looks like crap. so????

What's the best aftermarket pipe for my 200X?

or is stock just as good? If so I can paint this one up but I would like the end back in it. Anybody have a 200X spark arestor end for sale?

JJMF1979
04-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I love the supertrapp I have on my 200x but they are hard to find, you could find a cobra easy enough and there good or you could go with a new dg but I don't like them as much

yaegerb
04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
IMHO, a DG / COBRA is nothing more than a stock replacement with upgraded aesthetics and you have to pay 150 on ebay for a new one. If you are going that route, might as well get a used stock pipe, blast it and paint it up nice. Do you have patience to wait for a good one? I good HP increasing exhaust would be a sparks, bassani, kerker, supertrapp, or the ever-elusive Powroll. I have been watching CL and EBAY and these forums for about two years now waiting to get my hands on a sweet powroll. Good luck whatever path you take.

Jcode
04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
The Cobra on mine (was on it when I bought it) pops a lot when get off the gas to Upshift. It's an auto X. This coming from a loud 06 Predator with pure polaris silencer (stock) on it, I still enjoy the sound of that cobra pipe.

hillbilly 200x
04-05-2012, 10:32 PM
^^ you need to mess with your jetting to get rid of the poping when you let off the gas

110klt
04-05-2012, 10:34 PM
sparks, bassani, kerker, supertrapp, or the ever-elusive Powroll.

So I take it all the good stuff is out of production and I have to find used?

yaegerb
04-05-2012, 11:11 PM
its out of production, but you can find new if you look hard enough and wait. About 4 weeks ago I saw a brand new 200x supertrapp for 150, but I already bought my exhaust. Used isn't bad as long as its still usable.

110klt
04-05-2012, 11:11 PM
So I take it all the good stuff is out of production and I have to find used?

OK yeah, did some searching. Only thing I can see that strikes my fancy is this one.

Please don't tell me it's a POS.

yaegerb
04-05-2012, 11:14 PM
that's a DG...Nice, classy, good lines. Not saying those pipes completely suck, they look great. If you are wanting true performance pipes you need to go old school. Again, you can buy it if you want, but IMO that model is on par with a stock pipe.

Jcode
04-05-2012, 11:20 PM
^^ you need to mess with your jetting to get rid of the poping when you let off the gas

Yea I know, I gotta mess with the timing a little too. It dies if it's under too much load. It was first ride since I got carb rebuilt with proper jetting for the motor. Gotta check plug and see where it's at.

jb2wheels
04-05-2012, 11:30 PM
My red 84 200X as a stock pipe also missing the spark arrestor. I kinda like the way it sounds although I'll sort it out someday. Trike runs great. I wire brushed it and painted it with hi temp a while back. I should have painted the head pipe too btu I'm afraid of the exhaust studs ;)

My white 84 200X has a Bassani on it. I love the way it sounds and runs.

You can kind of see them both in this picture. I wouldn't mind a Bassani on the red one.

110klt
04-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Anyone ever use an S&S???? What's the good and bad on those????

yamaha driver
04-13-2012, 08:22 AM
i thought they were practly like bassani.... just shorter. not sure though. i did put a cobra on my dads big red and it auctaly pepped it up a little. more throttle response. but the bassani increased alot on mine. and sounds frikin amazing

110klt
04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Always looking for that extra pep........

i thought they were practly like bassani.... just shorter. not sure though. i did put a cobra on my dads big red and it auctaly pepped it up a little. more throttle response. but the bassani increased alot on mine. and sounds frikin amazing