PDA

View Full Version : Whats with my carby?

atcmatt
11-17-2003, 06:30 AM
Before I took it apart and blasted it etc, the bike would rev high (half throttle) I could not change the idle or anything to fix it. I took it off today and ppulled it apart and cleaned it with fuel and made SURE i put it back together right. I put it all back on and then it would idle low, not enough to keep it goin.......... then i fiddled with the mixture screw and it would idle high again, wtf. I have tried adjusting the cable, mixture, needle and the little nob ontop ot the slide cap, nothing works............it really pissing me off, i just wanna ride again. Can you tell me what it does when you adjust the mixture screw??? This is on a keihin 200es stock carby.

Thanks,
Matt

Albino
11-17-2003, 12:04 PM
You sandblasted your carb!????? :rolleyes: Not a good idea.Clean it again and again if nessesary.Totally disassemble it and clean with air.

sandrooster
11-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Check for air leaks in the manifold with a spray bottle of water. The rpms should decrease if there is a leak.

The air screw should be about 2 turns out from fully closed. Don't force this air screw when closing cause ya might damage its seat.

When you took the carb apart, did you remove and clean the idle jet? Its the thin long one next to the main jet in case you didn't know about that.

Also check that the choke is properly adjusted. Especially that it closes fully.

atcmatt
11-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Thanks,

I have cleaned it up and blasted it out with compressed air. I took EVERYTHING out and cleaned it, choke, idle screw, jets, float etc.

This is what i figured out today, it idles with the choke on and then dies after a few seconds, what does this mean.........am i running lean?

Hmmmmmmmmmm this is getting to me, i just gotta keep with it.

Matt