PDA

View Full Version : does any one else have a 38mm TMX flat side on a tri z 250

TRI-Zbrian
11-17-2003, 01:44 AM
i was wondering if any one else has a 38 mm makuni flat side on there tri z and if yes exactly what kind of jetting do you have and what mods are done to it also.

im going to be bring my carb to the shop should i give them the list of jet changes that the yamaha rench report has on there web site or does some one else have a better idea of the changes i should do right now all i know is the carb has a 440 main jet wich i think is way to big because on the yamaha rench report site it said to use a 350 main jet and for some reason my bike will only run with the choke on it cuts out if i take the choke off if nuthing comes up with this post im just going to use the yamaha rench report jet specs.
wich are as folows:

main jet 350
slide 3.0
needle jet Q-O
jet needle 6f45-3
piolet jet 50
air screw 1 1/2 turns out

if i take my carb to a shop and have all this installed should this solve my prob i know the bike will still be running a bit rich so i will also get a couple main jets a bit smaller because my bike is pretty much still stock except for boysen power reeds, k&N air filter and the baffle has been removed from the stock muffler. so should i do this or does any one have a better idea. or is this the way to go also about how much is a shop going to charge me to jet my carb.

Jeb
11-17-2003, 11:49 AM
I have one laying around I'd like to put on my Z. Please post what you find out!

TimSr
11-17-2003, 12:28 PM
You are going to remove your carb, and take it into the shop to have jets installed? Is easier to change jets than remove the carb. Why dont you just buy the jets and install them your self? They simply screw in. Usually the manin can be changed without even taking the bowl off, through a plug on the bottom of the bowl.

As far as "jetting your carb" is concerned, they can easily unscrew the jets, and screw the new ones you requested in your carb, but when people talk about "jetting a carb" (by the way "rejetting" is the correct term. All carbs are jetted.) they normally mean setting up and tuning the carburetion by adjusting the jetting based on plug test results. No one can do this without the bike attached to it.

Tri-Z Pilot
11-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Yeah, just do it yourself, it is fairly simple, and it will save you some moolah too.

TRI-Zbrian
11-17-2003, 04:08 PM
the only reason i wanted a dealer to do it was because i have never taken a flat side carb apart before and they look alot more complicated