PDA

View Full Version : 200x clutch basics

BigRedRunner
11-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Got my '84 200x running 8) . It was fun when it came to life and whole mouse nest went flying out the tailpipe. That problem is out of the way, but it still needs a clutch replacement. My question is... what are the honda part numbers for the special sockets to get the nuts off in there. Also, what should I buy to put in there. Do I only need the plates and friction material, or should get the springs, center, and pressure plate as well. This thing won't even move a little in gear and you can wiggle the basket by hand and also turn the center around with out much reistance.

200Xtreme
11-16-2003, 08:39 PM
I would reccomend getting the plates, frictions, and springs. Don't know the honda #'s, I always use aftermarket.

speed20
11-16-2003, 10:09 PM
just take a 24mm socket and have a machine shop make you a socket...thats what i did....draw the nut on a piece of paper and show them...they should be able to make one in no time.

ATCMedic
11-17-2003, 04:14 PM
I think Dennis kirk sells the clutch nut spanner for less than $10.00 It's a fairly common tool (also used on the xr-200 and others) and most Honda dealers should have them in stock also.

BigRedRunner
11-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Got all the plates and friction material, springs, case gasket, kick starter assembly gasket, a thrust washer, and plug for $83.00 shipped from partsfish. Still waitin' on that though. Just got the clutch tool and a catalog from Dennis Kirk. Thanks alot! 8)