PDA

View Full Version : Do All Atc 70 Rub Front Fender ?

junjun01
11-16-2003, 01:24 PM
I Have Notice In A All Lot Of Atc 70,That There's Holes Or Scracthes From Front Fender Touching Motor Bolts...Is This Normal,..Does It Means Frame Is Bend?; My 70 Does Same Thing,It Was Like That IWhen I Got It... :o

350Xccelerator
11-16-2003, 01:26 PM
mine doesnt, and its not supposed to, the frame is probably slightly bent.

mad_max
11-16-2003, 06:44 PM
I have a 1981 ATC70 and it does not rub either. 350XACC is right, the frame is bent. Usually under the gastank, generally due to somebody running it into a fixed object, house, tree etc. I'd say 60% of the ATC70s Ive seen on Ebay are like this. Some on Ebay have even had the lower half on the fender cut off so it wont rub. I have see them bent back out then welded/gusseted to add strength.

junjun01
11-16-2003, 10:26 PM
[quote="generally due to somebody running it into a fixed object, house, tree etc. [/quote]

Bet That Hurs.. :-D ..

stonehedge
11-17-2003, 10:33 AM
This issue drives me crazy, being a 70 nut and all, anyways it can also mean the forks are bent as well. As a matter of fact more often it is the forks and not the frame. But check both. Also the famous dented gas tank, very common. This is the little tab that is gone or destroyed. This is an easy fix and will save future gas tanks. I always wonder if the kids or the adults are the culprit in the crash. After a few adult beverages the gloves come off and the 70's come out........who knows?

junjun01
11-17-2003, 04:29 PM
what's the best way to check if fenders are bend ?

stonehedge
11-17-2003, 04:46 PM
It wouldn't be the fender (more than likely) that is bent it would be the forks or the frame. The owners manuel, aftermaket manuels and the factory service manuel does not cover this issue in any way. Its rather easy to tell, if the fender hits the motor, well you have a problem. Forks are cheap on e-bay and an easy switch, also a good time to repalce those crapy little balls they call bearings, with some true tapered rollers, plus not a bad idea to check the front axle seals and bearings while your in there. Anyways if its the frame its time to decide on how you want to deal with that. Now there is a small chance that the fender is messed up but that is very easy to check, just look at the four mounting bolts on the forks and the condition of the fender itself, any rips, tears, movement, etc....than deal with that first. Fenders are cheap off of ebay and the aftermarket ones are fairly cheap and Honda still makes the front for around 30 bucks and its very nice. Aftermarket is available in red, blue and white, for around 24 and up. Used well? Hope that helps alittle.

junjun01
11-17-2003, 05:55 PM
My Bad,,,,I Mean To Ask For The Forks, Not Fender ! :oops:

Drivernumber22
11-17-2003, 06:01 PM
You will probly need a frame jig of some sort, streghting up frames are not that big of a deal, I have it done on the race cars all the time

junjun01
11-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Acutally,I Think Fenders Came Of Another Bike Cause They Are Not Rubbing,But,There's Holes & Scrachets From Touching Bolts...I Think
That That Was From Before,Or Like I saiad,Fenders Came Of Another Bike.