PDA

View Full Version : backwords running engine?? anyone seen this? need help QUICK

NOS_350X
11-15-2003, 04:16 PM
a while back on here somone was talkin about a backwords running T3. the motercycle i'm suposto trade for a 350x is doing it now. what was the problem? i just replaced the stator and i'm am extremely baffled. the bike runs nice but as soon as you put it in gear it goes in reverse.

hrc200x
11-15-2003, 05:48 PM
It was Howdy with his T3 and it ended up being the flywheel I think. I've also seen a old yami motorcycle 2 stroke do this because the two wires from the stator were crossed, it would kick forward, but as soon as it fired it went backwards. Just unpluged them and plugged them back into their correct connector and it worked fine.

Tri-Z Pilot
11-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Yeah it has something to do with the timing. When I used to drive a tractor truck, sometimes I would almost stall it, but if you pushed the clutch in right when it was about to stall, then engine would suck air in through the smokestack, and blow smoke out the air cleaner, I thought the truck caught on fire. LOL!

NOS_350X
11-15-2003, 06:33 PM
It was Howdy with his T3 and it ended up being the flywheel I think. I've also seen a old yami motorcycle 2 stroke do this because the two wires from the stator were crossed, it would kick forward, but as soon as it fired it went backwards. Just unpluged them and plugged them back into their correct connector and it worked fine.

well this is a 89 yami i think i just soddered the wires onto the stator backwords. ill change them and get back to yall

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-15-2003, 06:39 PM
I was at my friends house once helping him put his new lightened flywheel onto his blaster, well we got it all together and he revved it up dropped it into gear and it flew in reverse, of course, my retarded friend loved this and drove around for a long time liek this, toping it out and ripping reverse donuts, when we took it apart to see what was wrong, we found alot of the wires crossed, and also a bare wire that was touching the case....we fixed all these and taped them up and that fixed it

TimSr
11-16-2003, 12:36 AM
It was Howdy with his T3 and it ended up being the flywheel I think.

He had had the flywheel rebuilt and they put the magnets on it wrong.

Howdy
11-16-2003, 12:44 AM
It was Howdy with his T3 and it ended up being the flywheel I think.

He had had the flywheel rebuilt and they put the magnets on it wrong.

Actually the flywheel had been rebuit before I got it. I had another one ( OEM ) with one magnet loose. It got repaired and cured the problem. What I found out was that the rebuit flywheel had the magnets glued in 1/4 turn off from where they should have been. ;)
Howdy

SpeedBump
11-16-2003, 01:37 AM
I had posted on here about my T4 doing that. The guy I traded it to, got a new flywheel, and we got it running a few weeks ago....BTW...I should kick myself for NOT popping off the topend and checking it out. Turns out it was a 300cc bigbore kit. Super low hrs, not to mention a brand new crank. :oops: Well, live and learn. At least it is a friend that has it now. ;)

NOS_350X
11-16-2003, 02:29 AM
well fixed the backwords thing. just had the wires on the rong sides of the stator. but now the thing wont even start. i'm just completly fed up with it. spent the last 4 nights on this thing and it still dosnt run. (going backwords dosnt count as running.