PDA

View Full Version : Yammie ?

DSHOT59
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Any of you yamaha guys have any idea what this is ? Going to look at it this weekend the guy who has it ain`t even sure says he thinks it`s a 100, Did yamaha ever make a 100 3 wheeler ? The price is right so i`ll probably try and get it anyway just wondering if anybody knows what it might be, Thanks to any and all. 142676

yamaha driver
03-13-2012, 07:41 PM
looks like a 200... if it has shaft drive and electric start its a 225dx but looks like a hard tail so its a 200yamahauler i think they are called

YAMMIE TRIKES
60 tri zinger
125 tri-moto
175 tri-moto
200 yamahauler i think thats the name
225dx
225dr
250tri-z

Yamaha3wheeler
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
That is definitely a 200. The motor is set back too far to be a 225dx. I can also tell the seat isn't that long "motocross" type seat similar to the 225s.

Nubbinz
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Looks like a Yamaha 200e, or the "yamahauler" the 225 has the motor and frame further up (frame almost touches the front mudflap) and looks slightly sportier to me at least.
200e:http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8IsSQK4JiQ4jmcf4AL5HpEbbmVKd08 JatrTNipcBDnWiP8wpeTQ
trimoto 125 which was a 2 stroke is the closest they ever made to a 100 i think. Also u almost cant even see any of the engine its set back so far.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUfIrVirh239mkrlXsHQDa81HoDGGw2 n4T7goQ7vhsp_cNECJf

DSHOT59
03-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Think it`s worth messin with ? Are they any good generally speakin. Been wanting a yamaha would like a 2 stroker one even more.

El Camexican
03-13-2012, 09:10 PM
I belive the Yamahaulers came with a rear rack. Its a 200 for sure, but I cant tell the year. Looks pretty tampered with. You can get a near mint one for under a grand, which is far less than that one looks like it will need to be in decent shape. In good condition the motors are as reliable as a rock door stop. I vote no if your still debating it. Get a 225 or a 250 tri-Z. Rear suspension is highly underrated.

yamaha driver
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
yea i loved mine. great runners and tons of fun. they wheelie like no other machine you can sit normaly and hit the gas in second and it will stand striaght up. i would reccommend to anyone. although this in in rough shape so the most i would go is about 125 on it

DSHOT59
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Ya had me at " they wheelie like no other " :cool: He wants $100 I`m gonna try for less. And I like a challenge to me playing around with them and fixing them is almost as much fun as riding them. Weird,I know what can I say it`s therapy. And I did say almost. Gonna go check it out couldn`t hurt. Famous last words if I ever heard them, Followed closely by- Hey hon look what followed me home !

yamaha driver
03-13-2012, 09:57 PM
100 bucks or less i wold buy it. They got some great speed also.

brd812
03-14-2012, 12:20 AM
take it home. they are tanks

El Camexican
03-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Back in the day when it had the original Dunlop tires my YTM 200 was clocked at 56mph a number of times on pavement. We'd (my friend had one too) put 8 or 10psi in the tires and lean over the bars as far as we could so the rear tires could grow like dragster slicks. At that point you could bounce the front end and stand it up against the wind. It could hold steady at 52 to 54 mph on the rear wheels for miles as long as you had equal pressure in the tires and no cross winds. I need to start a thread about tires someday. I’ve tried a couple brands and I can’t find any with the same bounce and growth characteristics the originals had. I doubt it will even hit 50mph now, even with all the mods it has. The added 50# on my frame can’t be helping either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W2t64OD0Ew&list=UUAnfUmRZD-SAOT9wyK36D3Q&index=45&feature=plpp_video

yamaha driver
03-14-2012, 08:11 AM
yea^^ thats what mine had they were squishy tall tires. them things were amazing

tri again
03-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Back in the day when it had the original Dunlop tires my YTM 200 was clocked at 56mph a number of times on pavement. We'd (my friend had one too) put 8 or 10psi in the tires and lean over the bars as far as we could so the rear tires could grow like dragster slicks. At that point you could bounce the front end and stand it up against the wind. It could hold steady at 52 to 54 mph on the rear wheels for miles as long as you had equal pressure in the tires and no cross winds. I need to start a thread about tires someday. I’ve tried a couple brands and I can’t find any with the same bounce and growth characteristics the originals had. I doubt it will even hit 50mph now, even with all the mods it has. The added 50# on my frame can’t be helping either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W2t64OD0Ew&list=UUAnfUmRZD-SAOT9wyK36D3Q&index=45&feature=plpp_video

That sure is some pretty country.
Looks like quite the vertical drop.
Wonder what that pipe is along side the road.
If it was on the cliff side, I'd guess a visual guardrail.

Trike sounds great btw.

El Camexican
03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
That sure is some pretty country.
Looks like quite the vertical drop.
Wonder what that pipe is along side the road.
If it was on the cliff side, I'd guess a visual guardrail.

Trike sounds great btw.

It’s actually just a road to some TV and radio transmission towers a mile or some from my home in MTY Mexico. It takes about 15minutes to climb on the trike. It’s a great place to test, but it is rock hard and has rebar sticking out in places thanks to hurricane Alex a few years back. The pipe you see is for water, there is no guard rail and plenty of vertical drops. I’m not done tuning that trike yet (seems I never finish tuning anything), but I figure it still has another couple HP in it and should wind up even better when they are released. Check out this video to see some of the nice trails we have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qls3XNc56Qs&list=UUAnfUmRZD-SAOT9wyK36D3Q&index=33&feature=plcp

Nubbinz
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I know someone who bought one brand new and they still run it HARD. I haven't gotten a chance to ride it but they blew me away on a 400 quad as far as acceleration goes. Also I was in 4wd low and sometimes having to hit hills in the snow a second time, but they just went right up them on the trike. And like the other guys said, awesome for wheelies. If you want you could practically flip one over without the wheels moving an inch.

DSHOT59
03-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Talked to him today told him I kinda wanted it for less and his reply was ,ya you can pay less, Gotta like that I`m gonna pick it up friday after work. Thanks for the help you guys rock I`ll see if I can get some better pictures up over the weekend once it`s a done deal. Thanks again all.

Howdy
03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
That is a Yamaha 200e. The Yam 200ern is also called a Yamahualer on these the 84 model has electric start, shaft drive, front and rear racks . the 85 yam200ern had electric start, shaft drive, and reverse.
The Yam200e models: This one looks like a 1983 model to me. It has chain drive, pull start, no racks. Not bad machines, but the rear bearing carriers are know to break over time.

Howdy

Grindin' Gearz
03-16-2012, 01:32 AM
I've got a well abused 85 Yamahauler, "Bertha" we call her, heavy as an old Caddy, but once you open it up, she tears trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro! I've worn a flat spot on the grab bar from excessive wheelies, snow, mud, you name it it will go through it. That machine has never let me down, keep clean oil in her, a new plug every season and some quality fuel and it'll run for ever. Good luck with your machine, and put up some pics!

DSHOT59
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Alright picked it up tonite it`s a 200 for sure pull start chain drive. the frame # is 21v-006787 any idea what year that would be ? To dark for pictures I`ll try and get some up tomorrow.

El Camexican
03-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Alright picked it up tonite it`s a 200 for sure pull start chain drive. the frame # is 21v-006787 any idea what year that would be ? To dark for pictures I`ll try and get some up tomorrow.

Sounds like a 1983 YTM 200K

DSHOT59
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Yea thanks I went to the front page and checked it out with the vin id. Thats what I came out with too. It`s missing the shifter and linkage and the plastics look like they were painted by an autistic five year old with a tooth brush but it started up and ran so I think it will live. The front forks might be bent too looks like it took a header might explain the lack of shifter as well :confused: but $50 and it was a done deal. Here`s a couple pics without the plastics.

El Camexican
03-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Get that ebay account ready! I have most of that trike memorized, so if you have any questions ask away. Can you post a close up of the carb and intake? I'm told there were two types used on the K, but I only know of mine.

DSHOT59
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Yea I`ve been lookin on good ole e-bay already, Just lookin. :rolleyes: I`ll get a shot of the carb tomorrow for ya, It does have a cable for the choke if that helps any. Well half a cable left anyway. lol...........Hello e-bay

Swinger
03-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Those are sweet machines. Actually just got rid of one a month ago. The carb that should be on it is a 24w if I recall correctly. It will say on the carb boot. The 225 have a 29...I think. If you end up needing some parts, look up muthey. He is great on diagnosing and got all kinds of parts. Great guy to deal with. Im really suprized he hasnt chimmed in here at all.

DSHOT59
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Here`s a bad picture of the carb I took two but the other one won`t load for some reason, It`s a mikuni carb I saw that on it I`ll look at the boot and see if there`s anything on that. And I do need some parts for sure !

MonroeMike
03-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Mikuni VM22 - It should be stamped 21v00, where circled.

El Camexican
03-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Yep, thats what it is. My origional 21W carb (22V) was the same, but when I started parts hunting I could only find the newer flanged 24W carbs. I was told this set-up was only used for the first 200's (Mine was made in August of 1982) I now have a larger 29W carb from a 225 and the matching manifold. The funny thing is that the cylinder head and one end of the boot are small, really small. Only the end that bolts to the carb is large and then it tappers down. I ported the head and manifold to match the carb, but the thinned manifold cracked before I could properly tune it and I haven't done another yet. For the few hours I had it running with the matched intake it was clear that the work was worth it, I just have to figure out how to keep the next manifold from cracking. Thanks!

DSHOT59
03-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Spent the last couple of days cleaning paint off the plastic`s Seems it was painted red then blue then yellow on top of that and the stuff is on thick. What a pain,they painted the mud flaps the screws holding them on and every thing that got in the way it looks like. Anybody have any experience with these rear tires ? Yea I know they are Carlisle`s :rolleyes:.Saw a picture of another trike with the same ones on and they were facing the other way wondering if they are on the wrong way. Thanks

DSHOT59
04-06-2012, 09:49 PM
So anyone know where I can get a set of forks for one of these ytm`s, Seems mine are kinda bent. :rolleyes:

Yamaha_Rules69
04-06-2012, 10:05 PM
You could have the forks bent back in a press. I have done at least 4 sets of mine so far, and works great every time. Its best to dis-assemble the fork completely before putting them in the press, that way you have pefect view of the top tube.
Another option would be to put different forks on, like from a 200x. This would be a huge upgrade, it would have more travel, and you would get hydraulic front brakes instead of cable drums. I know you would need the complete front end, and there would most likely be machining involved to get it to fit on there, but I know it can be done, if you ever decide to. The 200x's seem to be everywhere, and parts are plentiful.

yaegerb
04-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I am pretty sure its an 85 or 86 YTM 200. I think these are normally shaft drive. I believe if you luck out and its a chain drive its much more rare. Normally they had stickers on the side next to where your knee rides and they say (200 chain). If it was shaft it had "shaft" printed on the side of the seat, so since it has neither I can't tell. My buddy has rolled his about 50 times. These things are bullet proof. 100 bucks? I'd take it home for that.

DSHOT59
04-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I was wondering about getting them straightened wasn`t sure if bending them back would weaken them. Think I`ll try that, after all thay ain`t making any more of these so all the parts we can save the better.I would just E-bay some but was afraid they would be just as bad if not worse then what I already have.

muthey
04-08-2012, 12:45 PM
I just happened to get some time to actually look at some of the posts today, and I have a 29u intake manifold, and a shifter as well. I also have a set of forks that are straight they just need to be rebuilt, let me know what you need and I will go looking through my parts. I have a set of good rear plastics that just need a polishing, sold the tank plastic and headlight shroud the other week, but I still have plenty of parts.

DSHOT59
04-08-2012, 07:27 PM
What do ya want for the set of forks ? One of mine is pretty bent. Could use a shifter maybe a set of foot pegs if ya have. My plastics are ok just needed to be cleaned of a lot of paint which i`m in the middle of. Thanks for the input.

DSHOT59
05-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Alright she`s finally going back together after a parts infusion (thanks muthey) Cleaning layers paint off plastics is a real pain and time consuming still got the rear fenders to do but it`s gatting there here`s a couple of pics half back together, I`ll get some more when it`s done.

muthey
05-28-2012, 03:55 AM
nice to see those forks on it, I actually have a nice headlight assembly as well if you are interested147500147501 There are some scuff marks but no cracks, adjuster screw is there for the headlight, and I do have the neutral light bulb setup as well. this is for the shaft drive with reverse, but it is fully compatible with your 200k, and the bracket is in great condition. Let me know, I have some other parts here and there as well will have to take inventory of them all and do another post as quite a few more yammi's are in repair mode again.

muthey
05-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Oh and before I forget I have a chain guard for that as well lol

DSHOT59
05-28-2012, 09:47 PM
I have an aftermarket headlight assmbly for it not sure if i`m gonna bother with it or not as i`ll probably never use it anyway. Chainguard might be nice though. I have the oe bracket already,You don`t know where i can get a choke cable by any chance do ya ? Got one of them lay`n around, I`ve been watchin on e-bay they have all kinds of cables but not them. Be checkin back for that inventory too ! Thanks again.