PDA

View Full Version : 200e forks..

Amater45
03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Hey, so i decided to finally take apart a set of forks i have for my 200e, and i found out that the front damper and the stopper spring seat are junk. So, does anyone know where i can get these? i only need one, the other is still oiled and clean.

oscarmayer
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
try ebay or the forsale seciton and possibley post up a wanted add for 200e forks.

trikeman78
03-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Have you tried to take the spring/damper assembly apart. The dampers are still available but are pricey. Take it apart and hold the damper in the position the it is when in the shock. Damper rod down. Now compress the damper and pull down on the rod quickly. It is a rebound damper not a compression damper. You should feel resistance on the downstroke not when it compresses. New springs are impossible to find. The spring seats and rubber bump stop can still be gotten through ebay or honda.
If rebuilding and finding small parts to fix them isn't something you want to do. I have a near perfect set pulled from an 83 big red. $150 shipped. Never been water logged. Which is why the boots are so important. Once water gets in, its rusts the springs and dampers quickly.

ctk
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
www.bikebandit.com had alot of the 200e fork parts that you could still buy

petesatc
03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
i have the parts you need PM me or contact through the web-site below..

Amater45
03-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey, just got back on this thread. I've taken the damper apart, and it fell apart would describe it better. the damper literally came into two pieces and there's a rattling inside the damper. The other one had a good boot and seal, so it has good damper and spring, no rust, nothing. The other though, not as good. The spring is still good, all i need is the damper. I've decided to buy a new damper (found one for only 50$), new dust seals and boots. Thanks for the advice!