PDA

View Full Version : Views on Honda 250sx bolt ons and what not =)

ChevyAndVW
03-06-2012, 10:20 PM
i picked up a 250sx. my 1st running atc =) goes real good and is a blast to drive!! but i was wondering what should i do to it 1st as far as bolt ons? (bars, nerf bars?, skid plates, etc, etc) the only thing i got so far is the 200x front forks. but just the forks. idk if i need anything else i need with these forks. and what other mods i can do to make it perform and look better. any ideas or sugestions would be great! =) thank you

andersonee4
03-06-2012, 11:46 PM
get the rest of the 200x front end.... all of it, brakes, right lever, light (not really necessary), fender tire rim... and get some 200x stem bearings. Then cut off the steering stops and weld new ones on. Get some aluminum rims and tires, and run it. If its an 85 you better check the rear end bearings.. all of them, take of the brake drum and backing plate, and check those bearings, then take the hubs off and check those bearings. chances are... they need replacing.

atc350xer
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I just got my brush guard from a board member... I love it. The rack is a nice SX accessory as well.

fabiodriven
03-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I like my SX bone stock for what I do. :D

dougspcs
03-07-2012, 09:53 AM
I wish there were more mods for the SX like the 200x..but sadly it was kinda overlooked in the accessory market.

Not that I would want to change a great deal, but a couple performance mods to give it a bit more hill climbing torque would be cool!!

Personally, I'm not much for nerf bars and racks..that stuff is great on the ES. But I don't really want to dork up my SX..stock is good like Fabio said

the great gazoo
03-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Like the first guy said, get the entire 200X front end if you can. A bonus, if you've got a plastic tank is you don't really need to fabricate those pesky steering stops folks keep talkin' 'bout, lol.
The 350X carb is a direct fit, but you lose the choke on the bars, no biggie, I say.
If you're going to go that far, there's still a place or 2 that has performance cams(Web, & maybe Powroll?), you'll need a cam to handle that fat daddy of a carb, which, if you do some research or better yet someone chimes in, you'll need to rejet using the SX jets, if I remember correctly.
Soooooo,,, You've got all that fuel & air stuff coming in, you're gonna have to OPeN up your exhaust, & your only grab(New, if they're stil made) in that department is the (gay) oops, I mean Cobra exhaust, which in my opinion really makes the SX sound like stuff I'd rather not mention here, SOOOooooooo,, You probably can STILL find a Supertrapp slip on, they are out there, if you know someone who does pipe work, you're golden.
Good luck & congratulations on owning the #1 all around trike ever made(imagine what they'd be like today, giddyup!), TGG...............

Dirtcrasher
03-07-2012, 08:26 PM
^Absolutely. I've dumped 700$ into my SX motor and it just gets there faster, but, doesn't increase top end speed.

The 200X front end is nice, but I think it gives us a false sense of security. Next thing you know, you have bent your swingarm (If your a jumper).

You can also dump some coin on a works rear shock. But, thats why many of us have 3 or more models and know which one is best suited trike for any givin ride.

nstyle73
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
I love mine, but if you are wanting more power, buy something else. Even with a cam and big bore with high compression piston, its still an auto clutch with the same top end.

ChevyAndVW
03-09-2012, 12:02 AM
thank you everyone for the ideas! i def gotta get the rest of the 200x front end. will my front wheel still fit? anyone have front end parts they wanna sell? and i must find a 350 carb.. and the only think id have to chaange out is the 250sx jets? im just looking to make this the ultimate trail/mud/woods trike. and any more ideas too would be great! i really want another 1 but id have to have a 350x or tecate. im a big kawi fan... the guy that owned the trike trailprotrailpro me but some sort of aftermnarket carb on it. (i think just a cheap universel ebay carb...) but some times it revs high for no reason and doesnt seem to have alot of top end power. it also has a Uni filter. i ordered some MSR bars and progrips. i have MSR bars on my jetski and love them. also does anyone make nerf bars that will fit? graphics would be nice too lol

gomer202
03-09-2012, 02:42 AM
Like the first guy said, get the entire 200X front end if you can. A bonus, if you've got a plastic tank is you don't really need to fabricate those pesky steering stops folks keep talkin' 'bout, lol.
The 350X carb is a direct fit, but you lose the choke on the bars, no biggie, I say.
If you're going to go that far, there's still a place or 2 that has performance cams(Web, & maybe Powroll?), you'll need a cam to handle that fat daddy of a carb, which, if you do some research or better yet someone chimes in, you'll need to rejet using the SX jets, if I remember correctly.
Soooooo,,, You've got all that fuel & air stuff coming in, you're gonna have to OPeN up your exhaust, & your only grab(New, if they're stil made) in that department is the (gay) oops, I mean Cobra exhaust, which in my opinion really makes the SX sound like stuff I'd rather not mention here, SOOOooooooo,, You probably can STILL find a Supertrapp slip on, they are out there, if you know someone who does pipe work, you're golden.
Good luck & congratulations on owning the #1 all around trike ever made(imagine what they'd be like today, giddyup!), TGG...............
whats powroll just curious

the great gazoo
03-10-2012, 06:31 PM
WWW>powroll.com Check 'em out, they've got stuff to make you fly.................

ChevyAndVW
03-27-2012, 06:03 PM
bought some msr dirtbike bars...but seems too low. so i ordered some risers... hope this works... any bar ideas?

userj8670
03-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Im partial to pro taper fat bars. Google!

schneed
03-29-2012, 01:59 PM
I prefer handlebars with a cross bar for rigidity and strength.
I just ordered Moose Racing atv bars for like $24, but haven't put them on yet.
Here's the link: http://asset.lemansnet.com/static/sites/partsunlimited/flipper/2012ATV/#?page=370
It's the 4-Trax/Quad with 100mm (4in) rise bars